Thursday, July 28, 2016

Thursday 28th July 2016.....rain stopped play!!!

The plans for this morning went out of the window when I saw how hard it was raining....I was allowed to stay in the cottage till 11am so that was nice for me to relax a bit and I cannot check in to my place tonight till after 6.00 pm......so......
I was on the road and stopped at the old cit of Armagh and managed a walk in between the showers




This was a really beautiful church and my camera could not capture the colors and the glass




My next stop was in Newry with yet another wonderful church..

I had lots of time so I went to the library and did some research and planning for next week....so far I am going back to Belfast tomorrow evening and on Saturday returning my car to the down town office and then catching a bus to Dublin Airport where I will rent a car for 9 days and tour a lot of the southern part of Ireland before returning to Dublin where I will meet my host for the house sit.....but more on that next week!!
After the library I went to a Mall where I needed to get some help on my phone.....it was great in England but now I have used it a few times and the money ran out and I could not top it up....I went to the offices of EE the company I have as my server(does it sound like I know what I am talking about because I have no idea!!!) and they told me that yes the roaming  charges are huge and he advised me to go to another mall a few minutes walk away and go to a company called 3 and get one of their SIM cards..so I walked and found the shop and they told me that their SIM would not fit my phone and as I was going to Ireland on Saturday to wait till I cross the border and get a card there....I am not sure that I fully understand all of this but I will try again in Dublin on Saturday.

Around 6.00 pm I pulled into the small village of

and went to the local Pub for dinner..it was very tasty home made vegetable soup and a chicken dish with CHAMP!!!!!
What is that you ask???
Champ (brúitín in Irish) is an Irish dish,[1] made by combining mashed potatoes and chopped scallions with butter and milk, and optionally, salt and pepper.[2] It is simple and inexpensive to produce. In some areas the dish is also called "poundies[3]".[citation needed]
Champ is similar to another Irish dish, colcannon, which uses kale or cabbage in place of scallions.
The word champ has also been adopted into the popular Hiberno-English phrases, to be "as thick as champ", meaning to be stupid, and to be "as ignorant as champ at a wedding", meaning to be uncultured or boorish (champ being a common everyday dish, not one befitting a banquet celebration)
Now you know...it was a great meal!!

then went to my airbnb stay which is a large farm house in the country with a family with two young kids!!!
My room is fabulous
My own sitting room
You do not have to be a rocket scientist to know where I shall be later!!!

The view from my bedroom window.

I played a little while with the kids it was fun I have forgotten what it is to be around young fun and always asking questions children!!!

So I am hoping for clear skies tomorrow as I have a full agenda planned!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Shelagh Kouwenhoven said...

Too bad you do not have time to tour Donegal. It is an amazing place. I used to live in Buncrana as a wee child. As a young kid we used to vacation there for many months at a time when my grandfather was alive. The coastline there is the beautiful in the world but the weather can be harsh. Enjoy yourself. I also spent two months in Drogheda when I was 19, it is just outside of Dublin.

mexicokid said...

I leave for the Republic tomorrow for a month and getting excited...the people are so awesome and the vistas rival anywhere in the world thanks for all your comments take care les

Sunday 24th September 2017...Grand slam of tennis!!!!

Today was another one of the slams of tennis that I have organized for over the last 4 years......it takes a bit of work to get it set up bu...