Sunday, October 28, 2018

Sunday 28th October 2018.....One lucky Kid!!!!!!

I did not mention in my blog yesterday but I was very lucky yesterday afternoon.


It is a well known fact that the streets and especially the side walks of San Miguel can be very unforgiving...the sidewalks are notoriously uneven and care is always to be used.


Yesterday I was walking into town..I do walk quite fast and usually always pay attention but I took my eyes off the sidewalk yesterday to say hello to a man that I see quite often who happens to be the smitten image of my long time doctor from Nanaimo.....


I was walking fast saw him come out of a store and smiled and looked at him ..the next thing I know I was face first flat out on the side walk..I Went down so quickly and my right knee took the brunt of the fall.....it was badly cut and bruised and bleeding...my left knee some scrapes....and my palms also bruised but not cut.


Really I was very very lucky I could so easily have broken my knee cap or my wrists!!!


I picked myself up and continued walking but I will admit I was a tad shook up.....


Today I have a badly swollen right knee and a bit sore but otherwise feel OK...I have been icing the knee and feel I will be fine for my gym session tomorrow afternoon!!


This Pearson boy is lucky 🍀!!


Yashi Kochi!!

9 comments:

Kevin Read said...

Yikes.

Although, I have to admit that one of the things I love about Mexico is that only you are responsible for where you put your feet!

mexicokid said...

Yes my fault for sure lp

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, so sorry for your fall. The same thing has happened to both Beach and me in a very old town of Rothenburg, Germany. Thank goodness for a pharmacist who cleaned the cuts, wrapped the sprained ankle, and provided me with a cane. Yes, took our eyes from the sidewalks and took a tumble down some steps. You will feel as if you have been hit by a truck for a while, and if you have a sprain, wrap it to keep the swelling down. Tennis may be a little hard on the knee for a while.

Since I've been in classes to educate myself regarding the electronic voting machines on Election Day, November 6, just catching up on household paperwork and bills. So, tomorrow, Monday, along with auto insurance and electric bill, I will be sending Heather a check to reimburse you (or at least part of it) for soccer balls and toys for the children on Three Kings Day. The pictures you provided of the balls being manufactured looked as though they are very sturdy; rough and tough boys may make them last about a year. I'm guessing it may take a week for Heather to receive the envelope; we are at opposite ends and corners of the US and Canada.

Take care; no one wants a limping Wise Man!! Ha! Ha!

mexicokid said...

I just realize that I was very lucky indeed and maybe even some of my gym training helped my reflexes with the fall...you are so kind for the donation......take care best wishes les

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Shelagh did the same thing in SMA resulting in three stitches to her head at a local clinic, nice doctor. Hope you'll be back to normal soon.

mexicokid said...

Not sure I will ever be normal,,,,,,,

Terry said...

Any man that can part the sea and lead others will be fine.


Take a few days off and relax.
Canes are good for parting things but in your case not a good support.
Namaste'.

Terry said...

By the way.....that was me....Terry....with reference to canes and seas.

mexicokid said...

I knew it was you..a distinct way of writing..cheers lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...