Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Wednesday 10th October 2018...a busy day!!!!

So this morning was breakfast and reading until it was time to go to the Cardiologist.....her office was located in the brand new hospital just outside of Centro...everything about the building was top notch from parking to service.






I met the receptionist and she took me downstairs to have an EKG.......COST 512 pesos and then I met the Cardiologist....a very lovely young lady who looked so young...she spoke perfect English and did a thorough examination and talked to me about the changes in my condition over the last thirty years...I have atrial fibrillation .....


She told me my lifestyle is really good and I am in good health but one of the new treatments is a relatively new but well tested drug.....she wanted me to wear a halter for 24 hours to monitor my heart and then after seeing the results she would talk more with me.....


I thought her to be very professional, well informed and a good manner.......she fitted me up with the small machine and I hope I can sleep tonight!!


WARNING THE FOLLOWING SHOT CONTAINS SOME NUDITY PARENTAL GUIDANCE ADVISED!!!







The cost of her consultation and the machine was 2900 pesos...which I believe I can claim and get reimbursed on my Canadian plan....


Went for a short drive into the country side afterwards still aglow with color!!!












Then it was off to poker where I informed the guys that I had just come from the doctors showed them my wires and that the doctor told me no stress ...so I better win!!!!!  Seemed to work I won 65 pesos!!


I did not know I was getting the hook up so I went to the gym and waited for Aaron my trainer to show and explained to him that I could not work out today!!


Finally my busy day ends at my English class....six students and we sat in a circle told about what gifts of pay it forward we had done during  the week..they amaze me how quickly they have cottoned on to this great concept!!


Loved the class and also loved Bere’s shirt!!!!






YASHI Kochi!!

5 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Just love your student's shirt! I also like the shirt which says "I want to grow my own food, but I can't find taco seeds."

Remember when you were in the States and I asked you if you were in a mountain mood or an ocean mood when you were planning your road trip back down to Houston from New York. Of course, you said mountain mood (for the hiking) and then the rain storms chased you off.

If you had said ocean mood, I would have suggested that you take US Hwy 19 (almost parallel to I-10 to Houston); this little highway is built so close to the Gulf of Mexico that you could almost reach your hand out and touch the ocean (maybe a little exaggeration), and the water is such a beautiful blue all along Hwy. 19. As of today, Hwy. 19 is gone or at least most of it. Hurricane Michael took it out. The national news tonight said it was the most powerful hurricane to hit the US at 2mph under a scale Category 5 hurricane. Michael had his eye trained on a tiny municipality by the name of Mexico Beach (between Panama City, Florida and Port St. Joe, Florida). My younger brother built a house and lived there for five years before he moved to Thailand; therefore, I spent a lot of time in that beautiful seaside community. This powerful hurricane came ashore with steady 155 mph winds with gusts up to 175 mph and just flattened Mexico Beach. Nothing lasts forever.

Good that you are getting the tests done. Chris also had some tests done a good while back, and I was flabbergasted at how little they cost compared to the costs of US medicine. You won't mind losing a little sleep for 24 hours in order that the doctor may review the data from the test. Just take a little nap after it's over.

Hope you got all the computer/internet kinks worked out--just loved the picture with the guy pulling his hair out; I was doing a little of that the other day with one of the bloggers I use to read.

mexicokid said...

Yes I just laughed when I saw Bere’s shirt...I have been following the hurricanes knowing I was there or could have been there....I went through one in Bermuda years ago very very scary the power of Mother Nature....slept not bad and see what the machine tells my doctor...have a great day les

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Well, let's hope your ticker is doing its thing. Love the shirt!

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, so many years have passed; I was wrong--the US highway I mentioned above running so close to the Gulf of Mexico is US Hwy. 98, not US Hwy. 19. Well, at least I got the nine right! Ha! Now that most of the storm is over, I think I will follow in Peter's foot steps and have a good glass of wine.

mexicokid said...

Sounds good to me ...lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...