Thursday, July 26, 2018

Wednesday 25th July 2018....pickle ball....

Today was spent mainly doing some chores and changing bedrooms as Heather’s Mum arrives tomorrow for a few days to celebrate her 91st birthday....did some laundry and went shopping the rest of the time I was home reading and relaxing until 5.30pm when it was time for my evening of pickle ball...I sure enjoy my time on the courts and it is a good work out!!



Pickleball is a racquet sport which combines elements of badmintontennis, and table tennis. The sport is played on a court with the same dimensions as a doubles badminton court. The net is similar to a tennis net, but is mounted two inches lower. The game is played with a hard paddle and a polymer wiffle ball.

The Court
220px-Pickleballcourt.PNG.png

Court Dimensions
The pickleball court is similar to a doubles badminton court. The actual size of the court is 20×44 feet for both doubles and singles. The net is hung at 36 inches on the ends, and 34 inches in the middle. The court is striped like a tennis court, with no alleys; but the outer courts, and not the inner courts, are divided in half by service lines. The inner courts are no-volley zones, and extend 7 feet from the net on either side.
Play
The ball is served underhand starting from the right-hand side of the court and is served diagonally to the opponent’s service zone.
Points are scored by the serving side only and occur when the opponent faults (fails to return ball, hits ball out of bounds, etc.). The server continues to serve, alternating service courts, until the server faults. The first side scoring eleven points and leading by at least two points wins.
The return of service must be allowed to bounce by the server and partner i.e. cannot be volleyed. 


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Rita from Phoenix said...

In college I was on the tennis team. I at 5' and my partner at over 6' played doubles...me forward and him in back. We were good team. I loved tennis and taught my children who in turned learned to play well. I've never tried pickle ball...sounds interesting and look for a class in my area.

mexicokid said...

I still prefer tennis but the games are fun...it is a rapidly growing sport and I am sure there are courts close by..give it a try. Cheers Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...