Friday, July 06, 2018

Friday 6th July 2018........McDonalds!!!

Just a quiet sort of a day this morning I did decide to walk the 9 km into the city centre of Hull....I enjoyed the long hot walk..






The highlight of my day was going into the McDonalds in the city.


When I drive Janet home every Wednesday from cooking the hot meals for the homeless I always go to the drive through at McDonalds and buy her a strawberry milkshake, she really likes them.


So I went into the one in down town and this is the conversation that transpired.


Me........please can I buy 6 five pound gift certificates.    remember.

 pounds are the currency!!!


Counter girl.....looking at me like I was talking in a foreign tongue ..replied 

What!!!!


Me.......  I want to buy 6 five pound gift certificates please..


Counter girl.....giving me the same look.........What...


Me.....in my best dictation.....I would like to buy 6 five pound gift certificates...


Counter girl.....just a minute....she then went to the next till where a counter boy was working turned her back on me and said something to him....


He came up to the till where the girl had been working looked at me and said

What do you want?


Me...I smile and quietly say I would like to buy 6 five pound gift certificates please.


Counter boy.....you know what’s coming right??  Come on you know....


He looks at me and says ..What???


Me.... can I speak to your manager please?


Counter boy..sure.....


Supervisor says to me can I help you?


Me......by now you know what I say......

Can I buy 6 five pound gift certificates please?


Supervisor....I have never heard of such a thing we don’t have them!!


Me......thank you...


And I leave the restaurant....


Yashi Kochi!!!!


2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, is that the first time you have ever bought gift certificates from McDonalds in England? I buy them here in Summerville for stocking stuffers for the children at Christmas time. So many people love, love, love their milkshakes; when Todd (my son) was a young boy, Beach would pick him up from basketball practice, and they would stop by McDonalds for a shake. Todd would consume it so fast he would get a milkshake freeze headache.

By the way, thank you and tell Janet and Malc thank you for babysitting Trump for us starting this coming Thursday and through the weekend. We certainly need the break!! I would hate to ask what the hourly sitting charge is! LOL!

mexicokid said...

Yes it is I buy them all the time in Canada for birthdays and just assumed they had them here..it was a funny conversation I loved it......yes babysitting Trump it seems many protesters will be in full force when he arrives ....lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...