Sunday, July 22, 2018

Sunday 22nd July 2018....BOOMER!!!

Boomer is a Portuguese Water Dog and is eight years old he is really a great dog but the day before I arrived for some unknown reason he caught his tail bit it and opened up a wound that was really bad....


Heather took him to the vet and he was sedated and his tail bandaged and he was given some medication and fitted with a collar.


On Friday I took him back to the vet because he was able to bend his collar and get to his tail that he still seemed he wanted to chew upon.


Again he was sedated and bandaged and given some more pills and he came home with me...unfortunately he was able to remove the covering the vet had put on and over the weekend we have been trying to apply the cream to his tail but to say he does not like that is an understatement....


This morning he again attacked his tail and opened up the sores...Heather enlisted the help of her friend Rita who happens to be a nurse....they managed to calm him down try to fix his collar so he could not reach his tail but again sadly he still can...so it appears Boomer needs to be doggy sat.





I went out for two hours to play pickle ball which was great and when I came home I sat whilst Heather and Kirby went to a baby shower down the street.


Boomer is quiet and I am sure he must be so frustrated with this huge thing around his neck.


We do have an appointment to take him back to the vet in the morning...so sad.


Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Poor Boomer, what a drag to have that thing on...

mexicokid said...

I know see what the vet says this morning..lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...