Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday March 20th 2013……Day 7!!

Had a really great sleep the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on….and breakfast!!!  Fresh fruit and juice and bacon and eggs and sausage and toast and jam and tea!!!!!

This really was one of the best places I have ever stayed they also plan 4 day hike and mule rides deep into the canyons to see rock art so that may be in my future one day if I ever come back this way…..no way that I can forget about the adventures of yesterday!!!

I decided to change plans a little bit and instead of staying on the Baja I am going to continue driving north and instead spend 3 days in San Diego I have never been before so it will be a good place to visit.

So today was a 485 km drive through really unimpressive scenery

DSCF8556

and then into a new State

DSCF8557

Quiet roads

DSCF8558

DSCF8561

DSCF8559

My guide book told me of this little town with really nothing except a great motel so I decided to try it and sure enough the book was right…..a beautiful appointed room with granite counters huge beds, all the little toiletries and good Wi-Fi and the cost 390 pesos so I booked in for one night.

DSCF8566

You can see Little Bluey tucked away by the side of the camper van and my room is upstairs!!

DSCF8565

DSCF8563

DSCF8564

DSCF8562

It was 4pm and I went for a walk but no where really to go but I did find this little peak outside of town a ways

DSCF8567

After a really great shower and a sandwich I had some personal issues to take care of by phone and computer and then settled down and watched a movie on Netflix…..this is my last day in Mexico for  a couple of weeks…thanks for sharing the journey!!

Yashi Koshi!!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Hi les...

Just wanted to mention that Torrey Pines scenic area our recreation area is a great place to see north of San Diego...

Also, I had a thought about Little Bluey... perhaps Azulita would be the Spanish equivalent! Or close anyway... ;)

mexicokid said...

thanks i will check that out and yes i like Azulita..hope all is well with you ..Les

Carol said...

ps.... meant to also say that the whale encounters you had yesterday were absolutely incredible. I would love to do that someday... maybe next year. But anyway, as always, thanks for being the best virtual tour guide!

Carol said...

ps.... meant to also say that the whale encounters you had yesterday were absolutely incredible. I would love to do that someday... maybe next year. But anyway, as always, thanks for being the best virtual tour guide!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...