Friday, March 22, 2013

Thursday 22nd March 2013….day 8!!!

Well before I tell you about my day today my friend Brian asked me to explain about the lanes yesterday..after I came out of Mexican immigration they directed me into a two lane street a one way street, to the left of me was a three lane road with lots of vehicles and I continued in this lane before I realized I was in the Nexus and Sentri lanes and there was no where for me to turn around anyway it was a one way street..I have no idea how I would have got into the correct three lane road to my left anyway the Sentri Lane is a special lane that expedites card holders and it is a process to get a pass for these lanes and also costs over 100 dollars….I knew I was in trouble but no way to back out… just the Customs officer I got was an utter and complete nasty person…….anyway that is all behind me the moral of the story for me is to always cross at the smaller crossings advice I will take in future!!!

Had a good sleep and went for my free breakfast around 8am..it was fresh fruit, juice, cereal followed by waffles and I even managed to get three small muffins for my lunch.

Then came back to my room got on the Skype again with Airbnb office my third straight day well the great news is that we were able to resolve the problem with my verification..so now I was all set to book rooms so I quickly looked around and found a place that looked good to me so applied and was accepted and I shall go there later in the day.

Now it was time for some exercise I need to vent some feelings and think on a couple of things that is happening for me right now and I know no better place than walking on the beach.

I found this great hike but parking was 10 dollars so I drove around and about three blocks away found a nice shady spot no charge..so parked there and walked about 4 miles with incredible scenery and a lovely sunny day…just what I needed!!!

DSCF8597

DSCF8598

Some colorful flowers along the way!!

DSCF8602DSCF8627

DSCF8626DSCF8602

Soon I was on the beach!!

DSCF8604

DSCF8605

DSCF8610

What song do you think is appropriate?

Beach Baby Beach Baby

or California dreaming??

Check out this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSCF8613

If you think I am HOT!!!  You should have seen the babe that took the photo….as we say in Mexico….Chihuahua!!!

It was a great hike came back to Little Bluey and had a wonderful cold drink and my muffins!!

My friend Carol told me about Torrey Pines Park and how beautiful it was so I found it only about 5 minutes away but they wanted 10 dollars to park so again drove off a little bit and found another great spot…put on my hiking shoes again and join me at Torrey Pines!!!

DSCF8617

DSCF8619

Spent about two hours on the different trails!!

DSCF8620

DSCF8623

Some very different rock formations!

DSCF8628

DSCF8622

The last trail brought me down to the beach…

DSCF8635

DSCF8638

It was a lovely day lots of good energy flowing now!!

I then went to find my home for the next two nights but first I had to stop at my favorite store

DSCF8647it has some great products and I bought a frozen chicken pot pie for supper.

I had called my host and she had given me good directions but I got a bit lost and on this side street stopped this car and asked the lady to use her cell phone which she did and then told me to follow her and she led me right to the street..wonderful people here.

Well I found Jill’s lovely home and she was there to welcome me…..I have a safe covered parking bay and my own bed room and bathroom….

DSCF8648

 

DSCF8651

DSCF8649

The slippers and house robe a nice touch

DSCF8650

Also the welcome note and fresh flowers..the chocolates on the pillow and then Jill just knocked at my door with today’s newspaper and a home made piece of strawberry pie and cream…

Did I mention that all of this is costing me 37 dollars a day!!!!

So the chicken pot pie was great so was the pie…a lovely hot shower and all shaved and cleaned up ready for my big day out tomorrow..you will have to wait to see where I go!!

About 12 years ago I was walking the Beach in Barra de Navidad when I came across this great big crazy English guy, Colin, we talked and became friends and I have seen him and his gorgeous bride Joy often in Mexico and I stayed with them in Niagara falls 2 years ago when I did my cross Canada tour…anyway Colin and I got talking and it came out that I worked in England for 5 years before I went off to Bermuda and Colin told me I could claim and receive a pension from England and he gave me the name and contact of a friend of his who does the trace and documentation to set this up…so when I came home I e mailed him and to cut a long story short I have been paying back into my British pension for 12 years now and my lovely friend in Nanaimo Heather told me today that I have mail from the pension office and it informs me that my British pension starting in June will be 89 pounds a week that is about 550 dollars a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How sweet is that???   Add that to the Canadian Pension of around 400 dollars and I am a very happy man!!!.

With the amount of money I have paid back and the fee to the consultant my first 13 monthly cheques will cover all of that money!!!!

So even more good news I just received an e mail from the airbnb website manager and she tells me because of the problems I had with the company and that my host Jill just wrote them about my problems and what a lovely man I was ..yes she wrote that, they are going to credit my account with 25 dollars…a really nice touch I think!!

I love this sign I saw in a window in Scotland last summer…….

DSCF4944

 

Sweet dreams!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...