Friday, March 08, 2013

Friday 8th March 2013….a funny day!!

I woke up feeling a little bit out of sorts hard to describe really just not firing on all cylinders….I went up to Linda and Guys house and did some cleaning up there and then went to the bank this is where it gets really frustrating and difficult to describe…there was a Gringo man in front of me obviously having trouble with the machine in understanding the language but he figured it out and left and I went to the machine but then someone in the next machine asked me a question and I answered and then went back to the machine I was on….the screen asked for a transaction and I hit yes and proceeded to take out 5000 pesos and closed the machine down and it spilled out my ATM..which I took but then realized that it was not my card which I had in my hand…so I went into the bank and told them this card was left in the machine and gave it to the teller and left the bank as I walking down the street I saw the man running back to the bank I told him I had found his card and handed it in to the bank and he thanked me….on the way home I started thinking and it did not add up I began to realize that I had not used my card at all…but I had 5000 pesos…what I think happened I was so distracted about the day and the event at the ATM machine that the man who had left his card in the machine and I came up and just did another transaction and took the money…..I checked my account when I got home and no transaction made….   I feel so bad because I am sure I have took the money from his account. 

I immediately put a message on the civil list in SMA in the hopes he reads it and I can return his money…….it really was a day when I was not thinking straight!!!

Went to Carolyn’s this afternoon and spent some time helping her with some things around the house..

Yashi Koshi!!

5 comments:

Betty Graffis said...

Do you think if you went back to the bank and explained the situation. They could at least debit the money from your account and hold his money til he comes back to complain that that amount of money is missing out of his account and then they can "fix" it?
just a thought

zapatapaul said...

There is no question whether you should keep the money or not. Take it back to the bank and explain the situation and debit your own money. Your conscience will be free and clear and maybe the guy will get his money back once he goes back to the bank. Being honest is the best thing to do.

mexicokid said...

I have no intention of keeping the money I will try to do something today to get it back to him....it really was such a confusing situation both are ATM cards are identical from the same Canadian bank.....Les

Contessa said...

You should be able to track him down via his ATM card and his Canadian Bank. One phone call then the bank can email him all the info.

mexicokid said...

but I gave the card back to the bank but i will keep on trying thanks Les no luck yet on SMA shoes will keep trying les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...