Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thursday 14th march 2013….Day 1!!!!!

I was on the road at 7.30am this morning with a tank full of gas and loaded with all I need and it was a grey sky day good for driving…..the first 6 hours of the drive was the same drive that Sara and Paola and I took to the coast last month…mainly the roads were like this

DSCF8227

DSCF8228

I saw only one RV the whole drive…

DSCF8232

Lots of toll booths today

DSCF8230

For the next few weeks I shall be giving the cost of things in pesos and it is about 12 pesos to a dollar so you will have to do the math…spent 1160 pesos total in tolls today and the roads were really in good condition….in the State of Sinaloa I noticed a very heavy presence of military vehicles

DSCF8233

I stopped a couple of times for you know what and to stretch I had lots of drinks, food and music and my Spanish tapes and it took me 9 hours to get to my hotel in Mazatlan..a total of 8oo km…..it was an easy drive with no problems,

 

 

image_thumb[7]

The hotel is about 4 blocks from the ocean

DSCF8243

Little Bluey is parked right by the entrance..the room is small but clean and great for the price of 400 pesos!!

DSCF8241

DSCF8234

DSCF8235

I went for a walk down to the ocean always a favorite place for me and walked for about 90 minutes

DSCF8237

DSCF8240

After a lovely hot shower and a sandwich for supper I spoke to Carolyn and was happy to hear that she is back home and that Ann is doing well after her operation last night she made be allowed to come home tomorrow and she will stay with Carolyn for a couple of days before she flies home.

I am now writing this blog and listening to the Vancouver Canucks hockey game……so a great first day tomorrow I take the ferry from here to La Paz on the Baja..the ferry leaves at 4pm tomorrow and gets into La Paz on Saturday morning at 10am so will blog when I can.

I know I often end my post and e mails with “blessings” Paula and Jerry have now taught me that word in Spanish…

bendiciones……….Les

2 comments:

Contessa said...

I will wave as you go thru the channel.

mexicokid said...

thanks sorry we did not get to meet and sorry i could not help with the shoes safe travels Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...