Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Monday 11th March 2013…..errand day!!

First of all thanks to Paula for sending this to me..

1

This morning I took my car in to a service bay and left her there for a good full service…..and then I walked to Carolyn’s house where after breakfast I borrowed her car and dropped her off at her Spanish class..she is feeling a lot better today but still not 100%….she feels she needs the Spanish classes but I think she is almost fluid in the language and I like that each day she spends at least 30 minutes with me trying to tell her how my day was and what I did and am going to do….my tenses let me down and she is very good about making sure I use the correct pronunciation.

After I dropped her off I went to pick up Sara who asked me if she could leave a few things at my casita for next winter so I loaded up what seemed like a truck load of stuff and took it out to my place then I dropped her off at her class.

I stopped by to see Ms.Josefina, Daniela's English teacher and left four letters for her to give to Daniela each week….she told me that Daniela was asking after me on Friday and to tell me that she misses me!!!!!!

From there I went up to L & G’s casa and did some last minute things there before returning to my place where I almost finished getting my stuff out for my trip..lots of paper work, maps, articles on the Baja and some clothes and the food….I think I am on top of it all.

Later in the afternoon I went back to Sara's and picked up my cell phone which I had loaned her for the Winter and then to Carolyn's where we were planning to go get my car then go out for supper but that all changed with one phone call.  Ann one of Carolyn's good friends who suffers from any medical issues called Carolyn saying she was really sick and needed a Doctor….Carolyn immediately called her Doctor who works in Queretaro, a big city 40 minutes drive away…he answered his cell phone right away and Carolyn explained the situation and the doctor told her to bring her friend into his clinic right away…so went to Ann’s house and packed up some things for her and got her into the back seat of the car and by 6pm we were at the Doctor’s clinic…this is where my first glimpse of the Mexican medical system kicks in…whilst Carolyn went inside the clinic I helped Ann sit up and within one minute a nurse was at the car with a wheel chair and they wheeled Ann into the clinic and Doctors office Carolyn went with her and I waited in the office waiting room.

Two hours later Carolyn was back with the news that Ann was quite sick and they had her on IV’s with pain medication, blood work and tests had been done and that she was staying there for the night until the Doctor gets the results back, she had 2 nurses taking care of her and not once was insurance or payment mentioned.  A great system I think!!!

We came home late and will now wait for a call from the Doctor as to what is going to happen to Ann….she is supposed to leave to fly home to New Orleans tomorrow but I doubt that is going to happen.

Again another reason to count your blessings and be thankful for true and wonderful friends!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...