Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday 16th March 2013…..Day 3!!!

Well since I last posted this morning I had a two and a half hour wait getting off the ferry and then waiting in line for another Military inspection.  I fail to see how if we had a thorough inspection before we got on the ferry why there would be a need for one after we got off but we did…so the ferry docked at 10am and it was well gone noon when I left the terminal..oh well!

I had pre booked a B & B in down town La Paz but my GPS would not allow me to put in the address so I came down town and asked a lady in a restaurant for directions…..this is what I love about Mexico..she got out her cell phone and called the B & B and got directions and then gave them to me and I was there in five minutes.

DSCF8284

DSCF8281

DSCF8282

The room is a bit expensive at 900 pesos but it is two blocks from the beach and the Malecon, it has a fridge and freezer I can use, the room is really nice and it includes breakfast.

After unpacking I walked down to the Malecon and found a nice little beach

DSCF8288

had a swim and a snooze on the beach!!

DSCF8287

I then walked downtown not really impressive

DSCF8285

I came home and had a little time sorting my stuff out in the car and then I went down to the malecon again for the sunset!!

DSCF8296

DSCF8291

Not sue what his story is!!

DSCF8292

DSCF8300

DSCF8293

There is a nice looking restaurant across the street

DSCF8301

I had a good chicken breast done on the BBQ!!

DSCF8302A sliver of moon!!!

So another good day I am now showered and cleaned up listening to the Vancouver hockey game on the computer.

From tomorrow on I am winging it the plan is to drive about 2 hours to the first lagoon where the whales hang out and hopefully go out on a boat on Monday I am not booking anything so hope it all works out…as usual I will try and post when I can.

I wonder if there is a girl on Cinco de Mayo pining away tonight??

Map picture

Yashi Koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...