Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thursday 21 st March 2013…Day 8!!

Another great sleep and on the road by 8.30am heading for the border…a pretty uneventful drive through this kind of scenery…

DSCF8582

Saw this parade not sure what is was either a education or union parade but it was long glad I wasn’t going that way

DSCF8580

…as I got close to the border the scenery changed

DSCF8584
As I approached Tijuana I followed the border signs for San Diego and my day WENT DOWN HILL FROM HERE!!!!!!!

I should have learned my lesson from previous visits to large border crossings it is really hard to find the office where I need to return my car permit and visa permit and this was no different.  The traffic was horrific and I stopped and asked a policeman where the office was and followed his directions and obviously he had no idea I finished up going into an insurance office and spoke to a nice lady who spoke perfect English….she told me I was a long way away and it would be best for me to hire a taxis and follow him…I have done this before and it works great so I hailed a cab and he told me he would charge me 150 pesos to follow him I told him I would give him 100pesos and he agreed and it was about a ten minute drive and he had to ask directions twice but I eventually found the office and it was easy to return my car permit and also my tourist visa it is really important to return these two documents.

I asked for directions to the border and followed what I was told and this is where it went from bad to impossible……the man had directed me to the wrong lane instead of putting me in the normal 3 lanes he had put me into the special lanes for Nexus and Sentri card holders..I knew I was in trouble it was a one way street and no way for me to turn off or turn around and I had no choice but to continue with the flow of traffic…..I am a nexus card holder but did not bring my card and I was now in the Sentri lane…..as I got to the booth I had my passport ready and a very sorry look on my face… I was waved to the booth and the “Gentleman” officer who was of non Caucasian origin asked me what the hell I was doing in this lane….I explained to him that I was very sorry but I had been looking for 2 hours for the office to return my permits and was directed here by those officials I also told him I knew I was in trouble but there was no way I could turn around and again I was very sorry…….He then started to berate me and asked where I had been and I told him the winter in Mexico so he said well not a cheap vacation because I am going to impound your car and a fine of 5000 dollars for abuse of the lane……..I tried to explain but he just would not listen and he was getting red in the face and I knew just to shut up.

He told me to pull into an inspection area and he would be there when he felt like it.  From my years as a Police officer I know better that to antagonize official people and this guy obviously had it in for me.  He came over about 15 minutes later and proceeded to take my car and possessions apart and place them on a table…..he took everything out of my car and I mean every single thing…brought the dog over and went underneath the car and the hood…all the time I sat in the car quietly.  I then had to put everything back.

Next he came to me and told me the penalty for doing what I did was a fine of 5000 dollars and to impound my car and he waited for my reaction………I took my time and I said “I understand I am very sorry to have committed the offence unintentionally”.  He smiled at me took my Passport, driving license and credit card……..Now I was resigned to being in big trouble and I was kept waiting for another 30 minutes…my only thoughts were WOW I miss my home town of San Miguel and the lovely Mexican people…..I understand I had committed an offence and ignorance is no excuse but this guy was being an ass(sorry for my language).

I was still sitting in the car hot and calm when a nice lady Officer came up to me with my documents in her hand her first words were to me…How are you doing?  I told her I had in fact had much better days and I was sorry I had committed an offence….she smiled at me and said have you ever done anything like this before and I said no she said well I will just have to check I will be right back.

She did come right back with my documents and a form for me to sign….the form said I had committed the offence and this was my first offence and this was my only warning.  She smiled at me again and said put your hand out of the window please…so I did and she slapped my wrist and said have a great day you are free to go!!!  I like to think the famous PEARSON charm worked again!!!!

Long story but the the other thing that is not going right is the website that I book my accommodation on which flipped my verification status to not confirmed and I spent hours the last three days trying to get it solved and each time no luck so I cannot stay in any of the accommodations that I had pre booked…so that is a bummer so now it was 6pm and I just needed to crash and found this nice hotel for 70 dollars

DSCF8585

DSCF8587

DSCF8586

I have good Internet so will figure out where I will stay the next two nights.

Had a Mac D’s meal and then a hot bath and a lovely cup of tea and I am calm and happy again.

 

Thanks to Ray for sending this to me…my mission statement!!!


WHEN I FIRST STARTED READING THIS EMAIL, I WAS READING FAST UNTIL I
REACHED THE THIRD SENTENCE. --- I STOPPED AND STARTED OVER, READING
SLOWER AND THINKING ABOUT EVERY WORD. THIS EMAIL IS VERY
THOUGHT-PROVOKING. --- MAKES YOU STOP AND THINK. READ SLOWLY!

AND THEN IT IS WINTER


You know. . . time has a way of moving quickly and catching you unaware of the passing years. It seems just
yesterday that I was young, just married and embarking on my new life with my mate. Yet in a way, it seems like eons ago, and I wonder where all the years went. I know that I lived them all. I have glimpses of how it was back then and of all my hopes and dreams.
But, here it is... the winter of my life and it catches me by
surprise...How did I get here so fast? Where did the years go and where did my youth go? I remember well, seeing older people through the years and thinking that those older people were years away from me and
that winter was so far off that I could not fathom it or imagine fully what it would be like.
But, here it is...my friends are retired and getting grey...they move slower and I see an older person now. Some are in better and some worse shape than me...but, I see the great change...Not like the ones
that I remember who were young and vibrant...but, like me, their age
is beginning to show and we are now those older folks that we used to see and never thought we'd be. Each day now, I find that just getting
a shower is a real target for the day! And taking a nap is not a treat
anymore... it's mandatory! Cause if I don't on my own free will... I
just fall asleep where I sit!
And so...now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared for
all the aches and pains and the loss of strength and ability to go and
do things that I wish I had done but never did!! But, at least I
know, that though the winter has come, and I'm not sure how long it
will last...this I DO know--- that when it's over on this earth...it’s over.
And, a new adventure

will begin!


Yes, I have regrets. There are things I wish
I hadn't done...things I should have done, but indeed, there are many
things I'm happy to have done. It's all in a lifetime.
So, if you're not in your winter yet...let me remind you, that it will
be here faster than you think. So, whatever you would like to
accomplish in your life, please do it quickly! Don't put things off
too long!! Life goes by quickly. So, do what you can today, as you can
never be sure whether this is your winter or not! You have no promise
that you will see all the seasons of your life...so, live for today
and say all the things that you want your loved ones to remember...and
hope that they appreciate and love you for all the things that you
have done for them in all the years past!!
"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to
those who come after. Make it a fantastic one.
Remember "It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
Life Is Too Short
Life is too short to let even one day be frenzied or frazzled or frittered away.
Life is too short not to take time to do the things that will hold the most meaning for you.
So let yourself float like a leaf on a stream, relax with your memories and let yourself dream.
Throw out your list that's impossibly long, and dance a few steps to a favorite song.
Turn off the news and go find someone real who'll listen and talk and affirm what you feel.
Life is too short and flies by if you let it, so choose what you want every day-- and go and get it.
LIVE HAPPY IN 2013!
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE
SO - ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
~Your kids are becoming you......but your grandchildren are perfect!

~Going out is good.. Coming home is better! You forget names.... But it's OK because other people forgot they even

knew you!!!
~You realize you're never going to be really good at anything.... especially golf.
~The things you used to care to do, you no longer care to do, but you really do care that you don't care to do them

anymore.
~You sleep better on a lounge chair with the TV blaring than in bed. It's called "pre-sleep".
~You miss the days when everything worked with just an "ON" and "OFF" switch...
~You tend to use more 4 letter words ..."what?"..."when?"... ???
~Now that you can afford expensive jewelry, it's not safe to wear it anywhere.
~What used to be freckles are now liver spots.
~Everybody whispers.
~You have 3 sizes of clothes in your closet.... 2 of which you will never wear.
~But Old is good in some things: Old Songs, Old movies, and best of all, OLD FRIENDS!!

 

and thanks to Inga for this..I needed a laugh after today!!

> My inconclusive travel plans 2013
>
> I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots. Apparently,
> you can't go alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone.
>
> I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there.
>
> I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be
> driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my friends,
> family and work.
>
> I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too
> much on physical activity anymore.
>
> I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to
> visit there too often.
>
> I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.
>
> Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.
>
> One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense! It really gets the
> adrenalin flowing and pumps up the old heart! At my age I need all the
> stimuli I can get!
>
> I may have been in Continent, and I don't remember what country I was in.
> It's an age thing.
>
> PLEASE DO YOUR PART!
>
> Today is one of the many National Mental Health Days throughout the year.
> You can do your bit by remembering to send an e-mail to at least one
> unstable person. My job is done!

 

Map picture
Map picture

For my faithful female readers just want you to know I am still as gorgeous as ever!!!

DSCF7358_thumb[1]

Yashi Koshi!!

3 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

Ay mi people! Sorry you had to deal with that jackass. Unfortunately, it is getting worse and they wield power and authority. I'm so sick of it I am just about ready to surrender my citizenship.

Your story should be told, spread it around. It is abuse, just because you made a simple mistake. And to think, there is a stupid 5000 dollar fine for something so trivial.

I won't go on. Get back to Mexico as fast as you can.

mexicokid said...

Yes I miss my town, my girls my way of life already!!!! Les

Contessa said...

Carumba! You survived, it is over. Wishing you a much better rest of the trip!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...