Monday, March 04, 2013

Monday 4th February 2013….back home!!!

Well let me try and catch up.. this is from Friday in the main Jardin there was a huge celebration of Aztec dancers..

DSCF8170

DSCF8174

DSCF8171

So back to last Friday night I got my drinks and food and the car ready for the trip and I woke up at 4am Saturday morning and decided to get on the road….it was dark for a while but after the first 30 minutes of driving I was on dual carriageway all the way to the border…it took me exactly 10 hours and the drive was easy and I felt good…..Carolyn had booked a hotel room and I found the hotel easily and I checked in and an hour later Carolyn was there…check out the security at the hotel…

DSCF8180

So what had happened is that Carolyn and her daughter Kirsten and her friend Andy drove from San Antonio to the border Kirsten and Andy stayed on the USA side and Carolyn drove over the border and we exchanged all the stuff into Little Bluey!!!!  Not much room left!!!!

DSCF8178

So then we both went back across the border in Kirsten’s car and had to wait about one hour with traffic on the bridge and then arrived in

DSCF8177

We had a visit and lovely to meet Kirsten she is a delightful and beautiful lady…so then they left to go back home and Carolyn and I walked across the border into Mexico it was a breeze and then took a taxi to the hotel.  Could not have been any easier.

In the morning after breakfast we were on the road by 9am and Carolyn did most of the driving, she wanted to, and we were back in SMA by 6.30pm  …it was such an easy day.

So the little adventure was fun and I was just so happy to have been able to help Carolyn there is no way she could have come back on the bus.

So now it is Monday and all is well and today is my first day in my new casita and it feels wonderful…life is good!!!

Pura Vida!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...