Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tuesday 26th march 2013….Day 13!!!

I went with Pauline and Ashley this morning at 8.30am to drop Ash off at the tennis facility and then Pauline drove me to the airport and I got there around 9.15am….it was a smooth job to check in except for the shock that I found out I had to pay 25 dollars for my checked bag…I guess I should have read the small print…at the check in they told me the flight was over booked and was I willing to take a later flight and they would credit me with a coupon for 200 dollars…I would have been willing to do this except the flight they were going to put me on would not leave till 4.30pm and it would mess up the whole plan but it was a thought!!

United was my carrier for the first leg of the journey…

DSCF8785

just over 2 hours later we were touching down in Portland, Oregon where there was a 2 hour wait which was fine as I walked the airport and grabbed a muffin and my next flight left at 3.45pm…have not been on one of these planes for a while!!!

DSCF8786

Just over one hour and around 5pm I was back in Canada at Vancouver.

I had booked another room for one night through the airbnb site and it was down town Vancouver and my hostess Jackie had given me directions to get to her home…so first after clearing customs(NO HASSLES!!!!) and getting my bag walked out the building up 2 elevators and onto Sky Train…even got the old folks price of $7.50!!!!

DSCF8788

A really smooth ride and 15 minutes later I am down town Vancouver I hopped in a cab and 8 dollars later I was at Jackie's lovely home…my room is great

DSCF8793

DSCF8794

All the small special touches and after I went out a few blocks and ate at a Chinese restaurant came home had a lovely hot bath Jackie invited to sit and watch the hockey with her and she made tea…all so nice and did I mention the price for the night 50 dollars…..and Jackie is going to drive me to the Consulate tomorrow!!!

So a really easy travel day and it feels good to be on Canadian soil!!!

Pura Vida!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...