Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday 22nd August 2012….a day out!!!

We left the hotel at 10.30am on the coach for an outing.  Our driver is Scottish and is a great entertainer, a good driver and a wealth of local knowledge so these kinds of outings are really good.

DSCF5094

DSCF5096

We stopped at the lovely town of Oban where we had two hours to look around Janet took this opportunity to eat some mussels..

DSCF5099

I went on a walk about…Les the bus driver, told us about the Coliseum that a local man had built about 70 years ago, on top of the town

DSCF5097

DSCF5098

DSCF5106

DSCF5107

This was fun for me to see as I had already seen the “real” one last month in Rome!!!

DSCF5111

DSCF5118

DSCF5119

I found a little café and had just a plain sandwich!!!!!!!

DSCF5123

The drive back was interesting and the scenery around here is just spectacular…the weather changes by the minute…today we went through the range of hot sunny spells to cold wet rain!!!!

After diner tonight there is again entertainment in the lounge and the artist is supposed to be very talented.

Tomorrow is an optional bus tour which Janet, Sam and Malc are going to take I have opted out of this to do a hike I saw this morning from the bus…just hope the weather cooperates so I can go……have a great evening!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...