Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday 17th August 2012…….Cousins!!!!

Janet is a very special lady and this morning I went with her to the Salvation Army kitchens where with other ladies they serve about 35 meals to some of the homeless people in the area…I just carried in some groceries for her.

This poster is in the church which is really a mission statement!!

DSCF4902

I walked from there to the train station as I was going to visit my family in Doncaster!!

Map picture

The distance from Hull to Doncaster is about 45 miles and it took one hour on the train and it cost me 16 pounds for the return ticket.

DSCF4904-001

Waiting for me in Doncaster was my cousin Shelia and her lovely daughter and my second cousin, Caroline.

Shelia is my Mum’s sisters daughter and we are only 7 days apart in age with Shelia of course being the oldest!!!!!!

We always get together when I go over and for me it is special because she is the only relative I see from my Mum’s side.

We went back to the house where Shelia’s husband, Pete was with his Grand daughter, Charly who is my third cousin….I last saw Charly 4 years ago and now she is a delightful young lady of 12 years!!!

DSCF4909

It was great catching up with all the news and happenings since we last saw each other.

DSCF4911

DSCF4912-001

We went out for a great brunch at a carvery the food was lovely and so was the company and thank you so much for my meal.

Back at the house we had another visit before Shelia and Caroline dropped me off at the station not before they also gave me a contribution for my girls at Casa Hogar for my long walk next month…thanks!!!!  Also thanks for a lovely visit!!!

 

This is an interesting photo and a memory shot for me

DSCF4915

this is the train station in Doncaster and this is the platform that in April of 1970 my Mum and Dad stood and waved as I left as a 21 year old kid to go and live and work in Bermuda!!!

The train journey back was good and then I took the bus back home and the evening spent with Janet and Malc…

Two great days of connecting with my special family….

Still no word on Ramona so please do not forget to advertise her for me….the other news is that I actually heard back from the travel agency in Istanbul..saying they were sorry for the mix up that they had the wrong date for my shuttle service pick up and they intend to send me some refund money so see what happens I was just happy to get a reply from them…..

Have a great weekend….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...