Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday 27th August 2012…an old school best friend and yet another woman in my life!!

It was another good sleep and watched young Tom devour 3 Weetabix for breakfast!!!

Janet had kindly loaned me her car for this week so here she is a fine young lady called…Cod Head!!!!

Now before you think what a terrible name I learned yesterday that people who live in Hull are referred to by others as Cod heads…due to the fishing industry that is huge here and although Janet and Malc live in a small village called Cottingham…I just liked the sound of Cod head…so here she is!!

DSCF5279

DSCF5278

So I took off for the day!!

image

A…….is where I left from

B…Doncaster my first stop

C…Margaret and Ian’s house

D…where we stopped for high tea!!!

So my first stop was the town where I was born Doncaster!!!

It is also the town where my parent’s retired to and it is also the place where they were laid to rest…

DSCF5277

Not very clear but this is their head stone…

DSCF5280

From here I went to their last home…

DSCF5283

and from there to where my Dad used to play as a boy…

DSCF5285

DSCF5291

DSCF5289

and finally about another 25 miles to Margaret and Ian’s home…..we have been friends for over 50 years and have got into so many situations growing up of course Ian was the one who led me astray!!!!

When I arrived their lovely daughter Laura was over visiting so we spent time catching up and Ian, yes Ian cooked a great meal!!!!

After lunch we took off into the beautiful hills and dales of Derbyshire!!!

DSCF5297

DSCF5300

DSCF5304

This area of the world is just so lovely!!!

DSCF5305

We stopped at this very quaint old hotel for afternoon high tea and scones with jam and cream!!!!

DSCF5302

This is an in joke but I think you will all appreciate the quality of this WALL!!!!!!

DSCF5306

Margaret and Ian are the parents of Luke Wileman, you may have seen his column’s and photos on my blog before…Luke has had a remarkable career in broadcasting and is now the soccer presenter for the famous sports station TSN in Canada!!

Laura who also holds a fantastic position for someone so young she is the head editor for a major English tabloid and she lives in a small town that is is close to where my Brother lives and she was going home this afternoon so I offered to drive her to save Ian a trip, so I had Laura for company on the way home.

Thanks for a great day and also for the treat of high tea….remarkable how we see each other once every two years but just get right back into it…safe travels next week to Canada to see your Grandson!!!

Arrived home safe at about 7pm and spent the time watching our favorite TV show   Deal or no Deal!!!

Tomorrow I am going on a two day road trip ..where to you may ask???   Well check in tomorrow to find out….one hint it includes water!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...