Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thursday 16th August 2012….Auntie Rita and Uncle Bram!!!

My sunny morning started at 8.30am with my usual 6km walk around the village and into the country side and back home for some yogurt and cereal and then Janet and Malc and I went to Bridlington

Map picture

to visit my Auntie Rita and Uncle Bram……Bram is my Dad’s younger Brother and they are in Bridlington for two weeks in their caravan.

DSCF4862

Here he is my young 85 year old Bram!!!!

DSCF4863

I am always amazed when I see Bram now because he looks exactly like my Dad….same little legs

DSCF4867

Same smile, mannerisms everything it is so cool!!!

My lovely Auntie Rita, who does not like me calling her Auntie, so won’t anymore…

DSCF4858

Rita made a great lunch and we just sat and talked and then drove into town to have a walk around.

How English is this??

DSCF4869

We had a great walk on the long and pretty beach!!

DSCF4870

DSCF4875

In my old photos back in Nanaimo I have a photograph of my Grandma and my Granddad walking on this exact same stretch of beach and in the photo my Granddad had taken his handkerchief tied a knot in the corners and put it on his head…well I could not resist doing the same!!!

DSCF4876

It was so lovely being all together enjoying the sunshine and being with Rita and Bram!!

DSCF4882

This is the pier where I use to go fishing as a kid..

DSCF4884

DSCF4885

DSCF4891

Thanks Malc for treating us all to great Fish and Chips…..back at the caravan another great surprise was that Rita and Bram’s daughter Jill arrived

DSCF4900

with her two beautiful and my second cousin’s Kate and Emma!!!

DSCF4898

I last saw them 4 years ago and what lovely and smart and great young ladies!!!

Again we just sat around and talked and tried a little to catch up with each other……so a really great day…I am so blessed to have a special family where it seems we all look out for each other, never any major issues…..

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...