Thursday, May 03, 2012

Thursday 3rd May 2012….…an early start!!!

 

6.45am and my first chore was taking Boomer outside for you know what……..it was raining quite hard this morning but managed to dress up and take him for a long walk..then it was getting the two boys up and off to school….

I had the rest of the morning free so did some more reading and planning for my Europe trip at the end of the month….the plan so far is that around 5th June my brother Malc and Janet and I will leave for France in their Trailer with me sleeping in a tent and we plan to spend the rest of June travelling through Holland, Belgium, Germany, Italy and if we have time into Slovenia…then Janet and Malc will travel home leaving me to back pack by train, bus, car or whatever into Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece and into Turkey before flying back to England on the 9th August…so my research is centered on these countries and they all look so interesting!!!

Map picture

untitled

 

 

 

I met my friend John for lunch and we had a great chat thanks for lunch John!!!

Then it was taking Zach to the golf course and then on to met Inga and we walked the sea wall down town..this is really a great walk which encompasses the ocean, the mountains of Vancouver in the distance, Newcastle island which is a provincial park, sea planes, million dollar boats…just a great walk!!!

DSCF9147

DSCF9148

DSCF9149

Back home in time to make supper for the boys and then the usual….another great victory for my Kings in the hockey play offs!!!

So my first full day of being house Dad…the boys are really good, very respectful, helpful and Alex keeps trying to beat me at ping pong but the old man prevails…have a lovely evening!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...