Friday, May 25, 2012

Thursday 24th May 2012….a whale of a day!!!

DSCF9399

YES this is the time I got up this morning!!!!!

Heather, Michael and I were heading down to Victoria for the day!!

Map picture

We were booked an a whale watching trip…..the drive down was OK but did have lots of rain for a while and then it cleared up and we arrived at the dock with time to spare!!!

DSCF9401

This is our “baby” for the trip!!!

DSCF9407

DSCF9405

Check out those engines.

The guide was a young man who equipped us with survival suits, hats, gloves and sunglasses…Heather and Michael look good!!

DSCF9414

Me??  Well I am 64!!!!

DSCF9412

The Clipper takes foot passengers between Victoria and Seattle!!

DSCF9411

Even with these

DSCF9415

it took us nearly one hour to find the whales!!!

I am sorry but I was not quick enough with my camera but I saw for the first time a whale sky hop and also one breach the water less than 50 yards away an amazing sight to remember!!!

DSCF9423

DSCF9434

DSCF9447

DSCF9443

 

DSCF9452

DSCF9448

I t really takes your breath away to be so close to these wonderful beings able to hear them and feel like you are at peace with the world!!!!

On the way back we stopped at race Rocks lighthouse one of the few manned lighthouses left!!

DSCF9463

Close by were these fellas!!!

DSCF9473

This little guy was back at the dock!!

DSCF9480

It was a 4 hour tour which we all thoroughly enjoyed..a special thank you to Heather and Kirby for the treat!!

We then had a walk through downtown Victoria and then had lunch!!

DSCF9482the Empress Hotel.

DSCF9486Parliament Building!!

Neat bush!!

DSCF9481

DSCF9487

We arrived back 12 hours after we left it was a really good day thanks!!!!!!

Yes I survived a day without a hockey game BUT there is one tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...