Monday, May 07, 2012

Monday 7th May 2012……I need a tune up!!!!

Up at 6am with Boomer and I knew I was in trouble…I picked up some sort of bug and I felt like I had gone 12 rounds with Mike Tyson and lost badly!!!!

BUT not complaining..got the two boys off to school and then went to visit my friends Mary and Jack and happy to see that Mary is doing quite well she has suffered over the last while with  some health issues….Mary thanks for the cookies.

I had promised Karen I would cut the hedges at her rental property this afternoon and this was really the only time it could be done…..so even though I had no energy I did it and the hedges look good it has been about 6 years in a row that I do this and getting to be an expert.

I came home had a hot bath and then a nap!!!!!!!

Got a little supper ready for the boys although they are all out at the moment….now sitting down and watching a hockey game then it will be an early night!!!!!

 

Paula sent the below story to me….Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!!

Hellmann's Mayonnaise story

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico , which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York . This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico . But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York . The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost. The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as...

Sinko De Mayo

 

Yashi Kochi

6 comments:

Elaine said...

How old is Paula? That is a wonderful little story she wrote. Her imagination is keen. I taught school in Manitoba for twenty years and my husband and I raised our own three children. Needless to say, I've read many, many children's stories in my time so I know what I'm talking about. Please pass on my complements to her and tell her to keep writing as she has a lot of talent. I hope the people around her encourage this amazing little girl. A little encouragement can go a long way with children.
Elaine May in Saltair,BC

Croft said...

"Groan"

mexicokid said...

I am sorry this is confusing but the story was sent by my friend in Nova Scotia Paula and not my little Paola..although the two P's have met this last winter...Les

Paula and Jerry said...

And it must also be noted that I did not write the story! :o) It is simply a joke which was passed along to me by yet another Mexico traveler. Les, I do think, though, that your Paola could write a grand tale, if she so desired. She is a bright girl, with a glint in her eye and a good sense of humour, to boot.
Elaine, rest assured that Les's Paola receives a great deal of encouragement and support from Les and all the lucky people who have come to know her! We may just receive a story from her one day. Stay tuned!

mexicokid said...

Paula thanks so much for these words...she is indeed a special child and one you and Jery made so welcome they still ask after you blessings Les

Elaine said...

I stand corrected with a red face.
Sorry guys!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...