Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday 17th January 2012….as my Grandma used to sing “Count your blessings”

Linda and Guy invited me to drive them and a couple of friends to the town of Celaya about one hour away where the Children’s Cancer clinic is located, we went there delivering blankets before Christmas.

This visit was to deliver a great sound system for the clinic that had been purchased by members of Rotary.

We went in one vehicle and again received a warm reception by the wonderful staff and the presentation was made!!

IMG_8150

IMG_8151

This is the sign on the clinic wall!!

IMG_8149

Which I think translates to   “the difference between a healthy boy and a boy with cancer, is YOU!!!”

The clinic was very busy

IMG_8153

We got the sound system working and it did not take long for this little girl to show us her dance moves!!

IMG_8169

IMG_8171

One of the girls had just finished her treatment and she took a liking to me (why can I not have this effect on other women)

Her name is Belin and she is 3 years old!!!!

IMG_8156She is so lovely!!

IMG_8158

She loved having her photo taken and then to look at the photo on the camera!!

IMG_8159IMG_8163

IMG_8164

IMG_8175

What a humbling experience to be surrounded by such sick children and to see their smiles, their joy at such small gifts and to see the hope in the parent’s faces and the wonderful staff…like my Granny sang “Count your blessings name them one by one”  I have so much to be grateful for and I try never to loose face of that!!!!

It was a great visit and I hope to come again before I leave SMA!!!

Back in town I went up to Casa Hogar to see the girls and got them to make Jerry a Birthday sign!!!

IMG_8177

They look happy!!!!  I have been told I can take them out again on Thursday so I am thrilled about that!

Tonight I joined Paula and Jerry to help celebrate Jerry’s Birthday..we went to Hecho's no music but great food …thanks for supper!!

IMG_8180

Now back at Casita Doris listening to the Canucks hockey game on the radio…..and another one of those memory bank days!!!!

My Family back on the Bank in Nanaimo are all excited as they have a new addition to their family, BOOMER!!!!

dog

dog2

dog3

I told them to name him Leslie…   BUT what can I say!!! He looks cute looking forward to seeing him in the Spring!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...