Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday 16th January 2012…..F I N A L L Y !!!!!!!

My computer guru lady came over at 10am this morning as I could not open a special file that I need, Joanna opened it in about 14.5 seconds!!!!

Then met Paula  and Jerry downtown for coffee and juice.  Whilst we were sitting this old guy came up to us asking if we wanted to buy some strawberries.

IMG_8111

These were the nicest strawberries I think I have ever seen so big and juicy looking.  I told him I would buy three bags, see the size of the bags the one on the chair on the left…..so I got the three bags and asked him how much and I nearly fell of my chair…….he wanted 200 pesos!!!!!!!!  That is about 16 dollars!!! The same would sell in the local market for 30 pesos….I politely told him no thanks and he took the bags back and emptied the strawberries into his basket and away he went…..it was all so unreal!!!

The three of us then went to our meeting place for a trolley tour of the downtown and some local sights…..P & J had booked the tour and paid for me(thanks) and we had an English speaking guide!!

IMG_8112

It was a 90 minute tour and although I did not see anything I had not seen before I did learn lots of history about the town….some of the sights!!

IMG_8117

IMG_8118

IMG_8119The green X is by the church that is close to the RV park!!

IMG_8120

IMG_8121

IMG_8125

IMG_8128

It was a really good time and the guide was excellent!!!

I left P & J down town and I came home and did some chores and then went to Casa Hogar because……

I WAS GIVEN PERMISSION TO TAKE OUT PAOLA!!!!!!!!!!!

When I got there she and Daniela were waiting for me and Paola was all smiles but first my little new friend Melanie had to give me a smooch!!!

IMG_8130

I had a taxi waiting and off we went to Linda and Guy’s for a visit…do you think they were happy to be going out????

IMG_8132

Linda and Guy so kindly had bought them both lovely watches for a Christmas gift!!!!

IMG_8133

This little Paola who I am told is so badly behaved was so concerned over Guy and his breathing machine and oxygen mask!!!!

IMG_8134

This is how Paola and I were most of the time!!

IMG_8135

IMG_8138

These two kids bring unconditional joy and love to my life….

Linda kindly drove us back to the RV park where Paula and Jerry were waiting for them but first some of the folks in the RV park who remembered them from years gone by wanted to say hello to them!!!

IMG_8139Don’t worry it is juice in those coke bottles!!!!!

P & J are so good with them and Paula had little girly stuff for them and Jerry gave them his old translator machine which they both loved and will enjoy.

IMG_8143

They love the bed and the cartoons on the TV in P & J’s camper!!!!

IMG_8142

 IMG_8146Love this one good photography Paula!!!!

So two hot dogs each and an ice cream bar, carrot sticks and chips later it was time for me to take them to their English class!!

IMG_8147

IMG_8148

As you can see smiles all around!!!!!

Thanks Linda, Paula, Guy and Jerry for being so great and generous with the girls!!!!

Jerry and I walked the girls to class and met Louis their teacher and I asked him to tell the girls especially Paola that I was so thrilled to have her come out and how special she is and if she continues to make progress perhaps we can do more outings during the week and maybe the hot springs on Saturday.

Back at P & J’s camper there was a wonderful home cooked meal waiting for us and my kind of comfort food to boot!!!!

It was a very special day and I have the best friends…..Blessings to all

2 comments:

Carol said...

So glad you got to take Paola out... looks like it was a great day! I feel so for these kids... what a ray of sunshine you are for them... and they for you!

It must be so tough or Paola knowing her brothers are at home and she is not... I am glad she has you for guidance and support.

mexicokid said...

Thanks for those kind words my hope is that Paola can find some stability in her young life she knows she is loved and she is such a remarkable young lady!!! Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...