Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesday 29th November 2011…it has been a while time for a contest!!! Great prize!!!

Good to be back settled in the RV park and had a good sleep but I will admit it was a tad cool at 8am this morning but soon the warmth from the sun came through and it shone all day.

Walked the 50 feet to the tennis court at 9am for 2 hours of good men’s doubles!!!

There is a vehicle parked next to me the design of which I have never seen before it is like a garbage truck but with two tents way on top and the family are very interesting….they shipped the truck over from their home in Germany to Costa Rica and they flew there and they are now driving back through Mexico into the USA……the couple are about 40 years of age and they have three small children ages 7, 6 and the girl 3 and all the children are adopted from South Africa from different families…they all speak German and I have had fun playing with the kids…. couldn’t resist this photo this morning!!!

nov29 001Isn’t she adorable???

Then it was time to go to Casa Hogar and start my annual chore of washing all the windows on the campus and hence the contest…….the one who guesses how many windows there are in Casa Hogar will receive a year’s free subscription to my blog!!!   Here is a hint in good old fashioned English…”There is a blinking lot”!!!!

I managed to work for about 2 hours before my little helpers arrived!!!

nov29 002

nov29 004Me getting serious with these windows!!!

nov29 005

 

I have to give credit here because Paola on the left and Bernice in the middle really worked hard and they did help me!!!

nov29 010

nov29 012

nov29 014

nov29 015

nov29 016Little Lupita learning the trade!!!

nov29 019

I worked for about 4 hours and just covered a small area the next time I go will tackle the church windows…even the second floor windows!!!

It is always great to be around all the girls and it seems always something small and insignificant yet huge to me happens…it did today as I was working I was clambering through some bushes and trees and I had some burrs on my knee and of the girls insisted that I sit down whilst she pulled off the burrs one at a time..a true small act of love.

From Casa Hogar I dashed up to Guy and Linda’s and retrieved my laundry…still Linda is not folding and bringing in my laundry I ask you…what does it take?????

Actually got back home at 5pm and had time to get the lounge chair out and read in the sun for about 50 minutes!!!

I am a little sore so an easy night tonight and ready to go for tennis tomorrow at 10am….

Another great day!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...