Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday 17th November 2011……..blink and the day is gone!!!

I was downtown at the local vegetable store that I like to go to and for 45 pesos bought potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and green beans and from there went up to Linda and Guy’s house where they so kindly let me do my laundry and then spent a bit of the morning cooking!!!

nov17 001

These containers are now safely stacked away in the freezer!

I then helped Linda and Guy with a few chores and  spent the afternoon doing some reading.

Linda is involved with Rotary and one of their fund raising plans is to have a pancake breakfast on the 27th of this month..it will be a first and hoping for a huge event it is a joint venture with Rotary an the Animal shelter and the profits will be split between the shelter and the rotary project is to buy special water dispensers out in the campo.

There is so much work to be done and I have offered Linda my help and at 4pm we met at a friend’s house an started to put some of the supplies together!!

nov17 002

Left to right…Merle, Tony, Nancy and Linda!!

I then left at 5.30pm to come home and get showered and ready for a Birthday party invitation!!

You have heard me talk a lot here about Robin, she is the wheel that makes Casa Hogar spin, her husband Ken was 64 today so a party at a local restaurant was the occasion and it was a great evening!!!

nov17 005Ken enjoying listening to 48 people sing the Beatles song “when I’m 64”

It was a fun night!!!

So there you have it another day in San Miguel!!!

You see I can write a full days post without mentioning the lovely sunny weather!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...