Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday 14th November 2011…a typical day in San Miguel!!!

I made some promises to myself when I arrived here and one of them was to start each day with a walk in the park….so I had a great sleep and was up by 8am and it was nice and sunny and walked the 5 minutes from the RV park to

nov14 006

This is a beautiful park with a long walking track on the perimeter

nov14 003

nov14 004

The park is so well utilized this morning I saw basket ball players

nov14 005in another section there were some folks doing some boxing drills, people running, walking their dogs… I did 5 laps of the circuit…it was a great start to the day.

Everywhere you go the flowers are so vibrant!!!

nov14 008

I came back and had strawberries and yogurt and then spent a couple of hours cleaning the outside compartments and getting inside of Ramona looking good..it is a nice feeling to be in one place.

I then went on Bonita and did some chores

nov14 012Too funny they build the road around the tree!!

My next sight was so funny but couldn’t take a photo..there was a very well dressed man walking down the street he was wearing a suit, shirt and tie and carrying a briefcase and holding a rope and walking……..wait for it….no not a dog….a SHEEP!!!!!!

I met Robin the wonderful Coordinator for Casa Hogar and we caught up on the happenings with the Madres, the girls and events where I can lend a helping hand…..from there back to the park for two hours of tennis….lovely to pick up where I left off last Winter and see my friends again!!!

You think my day is finished? No way!!  I then went around the corner to Ms.Josefina’s Language school where the girls take English three times a week.

I went in and Ms.Josefina said it would be alright for me to go into the class and I know the teacher Luis and he insisted I sit and help out in the class….it was great to see the girls studying and also I enjoyed it because it helped with my Spanish…Luis invited me to come to the class anytime….

Paola and Daniela working hard!!!

nov14 014

nov14 017

nov14 019

They say it is the simple things in life that means the most and both my girls at separate times tonight just came up to me and wanted to hold my hand and they look at me and we all know there is much love around us!!!!

Said goodbye to all the girls and came back home….7.30pm…what a fulfilling day.

Whist I was playing tennis I had hired Jaime to wash and wax Ramona he did a wonderful job and now tomorrow I can fix up outside with my patio mat, the wheel covers and put up the hummingbird feeders……

Had a nice supper of poached eggs showered and now ready for that cup of tea.

Map picture

One home to another!!!

Wish everyone a great evening!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...