Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday 20th November 2011……..life in Paradise!!!!

My morning started with tennis at 10am it is so neat I have breakfast and then walk the 50 feet to the court!!!!  Enjoyed 2 hours of good tennis.

I knew there was a parade this morning starting at 10am and we could hear the music and I thought pity I would like to have seen the parade.  So when the game was over at noon I got on Bonita and would you believe the parade was still going strong so I stayed downtown for an hour and took in the parade, the people, the smells….the Mexican life, they sure know how to do a party!!!

nov20 020

nov20 003

nov20 005

nov20 011

nov20 013

nov20 016

nov20 023

nov20 024

It was a fun time.

I then went to Casa Hogar and asked permission to spend time with the girls and also to have Daniela's sister join us and I was told that would be fine.  We went into the Chapel where it was quiet and just us and we sat own at a table.

What I do not know yet but will find out is if the girls are having trouble in school with the work or if they are just not applying themselves…anyway I decided today we would do some work in English!!!

My great Nova Scotia friends Paula and Jerry were kind enough to give me a small gift for the three girls.  Paula had put some stickers, hair pieces, 20 pesos and some markers in a lovely case so I sat the girls down and gave them their gift!!!

nov20 026

nov20 030

nov20 028

I had taken some paper and markers and then we worked in English…..I think  these photos say it all!!!!!

nov20 033

nov20 032

nov20 034

Each girl did their own writing!!!

Thank you Paula and Jerry so very kind!!!!

This worked so well they were having fun so we continued on!!!!

nov20 035

nov20 036

nov20 037

Too funny!!!!

We had a great time and it was good for them to sit and concentrate…well done girls…these are a couple of shots of Casa Hogar!!

nov20 038

nov20 039

nov20 040

Daniela an Lupita disappeared for a minute and when they came back they had put the hair pieces they had just received in their hair!!!!

nov20 041

As I  was leaving I stopped into the dining room and the younger girls were having comida!!!!

nov20 042With being involved with these girls for the last few years they all know me and always want hugs they do make a person feel so wonderful!!!!!

I then went down town to the main square and thought after over a week it was  time to take photos of the beautiful centre piece Church!!!!

noivv20 005

noivv20 003

It is a very ornate and impressive building!!!

From the couch surfers website I met a nice English lady, Angie who is passing through town on her way to South America we had dinner and some good conversation!!!

Back home by 8pm and there it is another great day in SMA!!!!!

5 comments:

Kevin Read said...

What a great day you had Les!

Paula and Jerry said...

This blog has filled our hearts with happiness! We are pleased that the girls enjoyed their little treats and you were so kind to capture the moment. Also, the pictures of the parade and church are super and we CANNOT WAIT to be there in January!!! A super day in SMA and a super blog, to boot!

mexicokid said...

That was a magical time with the girls just quiet sitting and helping in English they bring a peace to my life thanks to you guys for all your support in words and kind blessings Les

Carol said...

Just a note to say I'm so glad you included Lupita! she looks like such a sweetheart... well they all do!

Larry & Gail said...

What does Feria mean?
LG

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...