Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday 30th November 2010….30 days done and 4 years ago!!!!!

Went to the Tuesday market early today and bought some strawberries for myself and also for my friends Ruth and Kevin who were leaving today and delivered them to their RV and said goodbye!!!

Came back home and did my laps in the park, then a late breakfast and followed this with one hour of sunbathing before I left for Casa Hogar again and more window washing….

nov30 004

nov30 006

nov30 005

YES!!!! Lots of windows and don’t forget we are talking about outside and inside as well!!!

nov30 007

It was quite amazing I didn’t take photos because it is not the done thing but when I arrived the younger girls maybe 5 –10 years old each had a broom and were sweeping the whole of the courtyards, they did look so cute….I was there at least two hours and not one cry, scream did I hear.

nov30 009

The 2 “here” are my blisters!!!!!!!

After the work some of the girl's got their hair done and on the left is Paola doing some writing!!

nov30 008

I went straight from here to my Spanish lesson, we sit outside here

nov30 011

in the beautiful garden and I feel that i am really learning and enjoying myself too.

nov30 012

Just time to get home and changed and I met Linda and Guy at a local Texan restaurant for some good old country fried steak…..sorry but it was just not very good…..

Now home again and where did the day go?

 

The head line to this blog…I should explain…it is one month since I left Nanaimo and my family on the Bank and it seems such a long time ago and I think of all the wonderful things I have seen and done, the new friendships I have made, friendships I have rekindled, the girls, Linda and Guy all blessings except I guess those two guys who wanted my wallet!!

About this time 4 years I served my last customer and walked out of the Granary Restaurant in Nanaimo for the last time, my retirement finally kicked in!!!

granary

I was lucky enough to work here for 14 years, every day a great one, the owners were wonderful, my working partners great and the customers they were so special I would say that 80 % of my friends in Nanaimo I met at work…thanks for the memories.

Life goes by so fast and I am always thankful for my health and of course my family and friends…thanks to you all!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...