Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday 19th November 2010…..two posts for the price of one!!!!

I left the sunny shores of Rincon at 7.30am yesterday morning and headed out for an adventure trying to find the small town of Tapalpa in the mountains….I knew this was a bit of a risk going on unchartered roads but I did manage to get a copy or the 2011 edition of Guia Roji, a great Mexican road atlas.

The roads were windy

ov18 001

narrow

ov18 009

and lots of trucks

ov18 013

I cannot pass by a logging truck without thinking of my old friend Roy!!!!

ov18 010

I went through many small towns

ov18 011

and really the driving was hard and throw in the occasional wrong turn….but anyway at 5pm I saw my first sign of the town.

ov18 021

The camping book that I have gives very implicit directions to the RV park which was a ranch on the other side of town.

The instructions became null and void at the first intersection where the road was being dug up so here I was driving through this tiny town, cobble streets and not much room plus no idea where I was going…..as you can probably guess I was wishing I was back on the beach!!!!

Anyway I stopped for directions three times and eventually found the turn off for the ranch, the book said a dirt road but in good condition well that may have been true last year but not now…

ov18 025

well after some frustrating manoeuvres I managed to find the “Park” which to my dismay was really no more than an open field with several  bays for RV's that I would not dream of putting Ramona in…so I am parked on my own in the middle of this small compound.  The owner was friendly and spoke great English and welcomed me, he charged me 6 dollars and pointed out the banos with hot showers…and here I am.. I feel very safe and it is quiet and remote… and the bathrooms are spotless……I do get myself in some situations,,,this is the first fault I have found with the camping book in their descriptions of the sites!!!!

I went with my head lamp on to the showers and had a good hot shower, then supper, cleaned up Ramona as lots of things got moved around today.

I have no intention of staying here two days as I had originally planned and by the time I find my way back through the town I don’t think I shall feel like stopping and sight seeing…..so the plan tomorrow is to go on to SMA   …a long day’s drive but doable.

This day will go down in the memory banks but I will not repeat these actions…  too many wrong turns and no signs…. the GPS was a great help but still quite a frustrating day!!!

Well you will be pleased to know I woke up feeling much happier and did indeed change my plans and at 8am had a walk through the quaint town but lots of road works going on….

nov19 001

nov19 002

nov19 012nov19 005

This church unlike I have seen before here made completely of brick inside and out!!

nov19 003

nov19 008

nov19 009

nov19 004

nov19 013

I was smart enough to remember the way I had came in and went that way out again being even smarter and I followed a truck and just tail gated him….soon back on the road into sugar cane country..

nov19 014

Again another change of plan it would be a long drive to SMA and I decided to make a small detour and go to a lovely park that I stayed in when I passed this way in March…

nov19 021

nov19 022

This really is was one of the finest parks in Mexico, wonderful grounds very open lots of fruit trees, special owners and hot showers and full facilities, they say they have Wi-Fi but not able to get the signal…

I spent the afternoon between reading and washing down Ramona, the last two days have been hard on her and she needed some cleaning and some R & R…

nov19 024

nov19 025

So this was a good day I am showered and heading out on Bonita into town to find a cyber place to send this then coming back for….you guessed it TV and a movie and then tomorrow the big day…my arrival in SMA….and those lovely little ladies…..

Now in town and took these couple of photos then heading to the Cyber place…

noooo 001

noooo 005

noooo 002

The plan is to go straight to Linda and Guy’s house as I have some packages for them and then have a visit and I am sure we will have to head to Hecho's for chicken dinner…then Sunday surprise the girls and go to see them at Casa Hogar…..wish you all a great weekend!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...