Saturday, November 06, 2010

Saturday 6th November 2010…a very sad and significant milestone in my life today!!!!

This morning, after 62 years,  I came to the undeniable conclusion that I am no longer deemed to be attractive and I am not considered to be a hot, buff, Latino picture of masculinity!!!!!!!Wilted roseThumbs downNinja

How do I know this you may well ask??

Well on a trail this morning it was quite hot and I took my shirt off and as I was walking this Native family approached me and Mum was holding hands with her small daughter and you just had to be here for this…as the young girl was walking by me she looked right at me, hid one part of her face with her hands and said the word,”uugghhhh”.  Mum and I burst out laughing and this is the kid…

nov6 032

Check her face!!!!

I immediately ran to Ramona and took this photo

nov6 070

and this

nov6 088

had a shower and shave and took this photo

nov62 001

Cleaned up I look not bad, well maybe that is a stretch….

nov62 006

So there you have it…this boy is toast, done, washed up, out to pasture…what a way to start my day!!!!!

So back to this morning…..I left by 8am and again caught the rising sun on my way to Page

 nov6 019See all the hot air balloons more about those later…

nov6 007I am now in Arizona….

nov6 003

This is a very lovely part of the country and I had my itinerary planned out my first stop…

nov6 023

I saw a photo of this place in a magazine about 7 years ago and it immediately went onto my Bucket List……so here we go..

nov6 024

Not bad but wait…

nov6 025

almost there…

nov6 026

My camera just isn’t good enough to capture the true beauty of this plus the sun is not helping out but really what a view a sheer cliff face about 1000 feet with no railings!!!!

nov6 028

The two little white things in the water are rafts!!!

nov6 029

nov6 030

So glad I managed to see this wonderful place and the mighty Colorado River!!!!

After about a 30 mile drive I came to this piece of magnificent engineering

nov6 036

nov6 037

nov6 038

nov6 043The view from the bridge..

Another short drive brought me to Lees Ferry and my dip in the cold waters of the Colorado…

nov6 048nov6 049

Before I get accused of impropriety BIMBO is the name of the Mexican bread company, the largest in the world!!!!!

nov6 053Getting ready for their 10 day raft down the river!!!!

nov6 054

nov6 057

My next stop was a hike into

nov6 105According to the booklet a moderate degree of difficulty in this 4 mile round trip…

nov6 104

It was a hike in the canyon bed of the gully where the flash flood waters run….I have seen a flash flood years ago in Vegas and never seen water come raging so fast and furious this would have been neat to see here in this gully but the forecast is good all day.

nov6 059

nov6 063

nov6 067This is one section that was hard because you had to climb up the cliff face to get by..

nov6 072of course once you are up coming down is supposed to be easier???  At this point I questioned myself about going on and said to myself “Come on Percy’s(that's my Dad) boy think what you are doing”   but of course if Percy(my Dad) was with me he would be the first one down…..so I kept going and was rewarded a while later with these views and a lunch break…

nov6 080

nov6 082

Just before I left on the hike I heard on the news about the collapse during the night of the Pompey building in Italy and I thought as I looked at all these huge pieces of rock that at some time and come cascading down the rock face..

nov6 086

After a few minutes iI was lucky enough to see the rafters that I had seen earlier loading their boats…

nov6 093

nov6 096

nov6 100

Strangely enough the hike wasn't so bad and I rewarded myself with some down time back at Ramona…

nov6 108nov6 107

Reading this great novel..

Tonight was the nov62 014

and the  street was closed and truly amazing to see all these huge balloons on Main Street…

nov62 017

nov62 030

nov62 024

I am now in the parking lot of the local library, with Internet and a quiet place to sleep…..anotherThumbs up off the list good night…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...