Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday 17th August 2010…Amazing!!!

 

I left Penticton around 3pm on Sunday afternoon after reffing 12 games in three days.  It was very hot and I made sure I drank lots and kept eating when I could it was so good to have Ramona parked right by the fields as I could nip in for for a quick bite and a drink.  Must say I feel so lucky to be able to still do these games and without sounding big headed, still doing them with a good deal of skill.  I had to laugh again on Sunday morning as refs were gathered around the dressing rooms before the start of our morning games and most of them, nearly half my age or younger are popping Ibuprofen(spelling) or Advil and there I am sipping water  and eating a banana!!!!!

I arrived back in Duncan after midnight and it was great to see Sara’s smiling face, that is all she ever does!!!  She had all my pills ready for me to take and I had a good sleep.

So yesterday morning 9am this is where I ventured….teeth 001

because I had taken more pills that morning Sara dropped me off and I went into the little room which was all prepared for me…

teeth 002

teeth 015

There were 2 large screen TV’s in the room on the ceiling one was on the Sports Channel and this one above showed the placements of my implants …..they are on the bottom.. 2 on the left and 3 on the right.

Soon my Doctor was there and his manner and professionalism was of the highest standard and I he then proceeded to drug me up…

teeth 004 Pretty soon I was saying far out and more drugs Doc!!!!!!!!

teeth 010

The whole procedure lasted 4 hours and during the whole time I felt really good.  The clinic called Sara and she came to pick me up and drove me home.  Again she had my medications set up for me and the instructions were to take 2 Tylenol three and then 2 every 6 hours as needed, plus some Penicillin and other  pills.  I did take them all and was feeling a little tired so I went and laid down for an hour.

I got up by 5pm and the only way I can describe how I felt is awesome.  I did have visions of excruciating pain and swelling and bleeding but apart from bad breath I felt good.

Sara was wonderful making me soft smoothies and cold drinks and rice pudding and we sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine.

This is where it gets a bit ugly…Sara asked me if I wanted to play Backgammon and of course I was up for the challenge…after 2 games I had no alternative but to remind her of my post operation instructions!!!!!!!!teeth 022

I even underlined the relevant parts!!!!!   Does she pay any attention???   NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

teeth 023 Here is her victory poise, very cruel to point to her own lovely white teeth!!!!

Then she says how about scrabble???  You have beaten me the couple of times!!!

Silly me I should have known!!!!!!

teeth 024 She won that too!!!!!

Well it is now 6am and I am only up and awake because I am hungry!!!!

I did not take any more pain pills after the first 2….I slept really good and I have slight swelling on my lower jaw on both sides but feel wonderful and I hope it lasts.

Thanks for all the e mails of best wishes, thanks Sara and thanks to Warmland dental Clinic!!!

1 comment:

Croft said...

We are glad to hear you got through the dental work Les! It is something I always dreaded doing and that only made it worse.

Now that you have accepted your (second) place in the household competition you have something in common with my favorite team, the Vancouver Lions. They always seem to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory themselves.

Oh well, the silver medal is not bad!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...