Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday 29th August 2010..a lovely weekend!!

Yesterday saw us drive to Nanaimo in the afternoon to attend Annie and Gordie’s 50th Wedding Anniversary being held at the Nanaimo Golf Club.

The setting was quite stunning..

B & B 005

as were the happy couple!!!

B & B 001

It was such a lovely time with 30 guests, excellent food, good stories thanks so much for our invitation…

B & B 003

As next week is our 1st Anniversary and Sara will be away working we had had own little celebration with a night at the beautiful Long Lake B & B…

B & B 007

B & B 008

B & B 009

B & B 010

We paddled around the lake..

B & B 013

This next photo I took blind over my shoulder whilst paddling!!!

B & B 016

B & B 020

A beautiful area I think you agree??

B & B 019

B & B 024

After the paddle we had tea and watched a good movie, then went down to the water’s edge and dipped in the hot tub…it was a lovely evening and I think even the gigantic spider that graced us with his presence on the bed head board enjoyed himself…this later event had Sara make me hunt him down, which I failed to do and then turn all the sheets around and we slept feet to headboard!!!!!

This morning was a wonderful home cooked breakfast followed by me getting a jet ski boat ride around the lake…Sara cannot drive by Costco with out a little stop……2 hours later we were headed home.

It was a lovely weekend……tomorrow morning I am back to the dentist for another 4 hour session…my stitches are coming out and work starting on my upper jaw, wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Croft said...

Congratulations Les and Sara! One whole year! It seems like more when you consider all you have done this past year!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...