Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday 13th August 2010…now I know today is Friday!!!

Last night about 11.30pm as I was brushing my teeth there was a knock on the door, I looked out first and saw it was an RCMP officer I opened the door and he told me I was not allowed to park in the school grounds.  I explained that I was reffing here the following day but to no avail, I had to move….so I came down to the huge complex where my games were being played and spent a good quiet night there…..here I am this morning….

aug13 007

I had a nice walk to down town this morning and the wind had picked up

aug13 004

aug13 006

aug13 003

Had a lazy afternoon in preparation for my weekend of games this is what I shall be doing for the next three days!!

aug13 009

aug13 008

One of the minor problems being on the road is not having a place to dry my clothes so when Sara and I were camping in Vegas we saw a motor home with what we thought was a great invention so we copied it down and I got Larry to make one for me the other day, don’t have a name for it yet so for now will call it the Thingy!!!!

aug13 011

So it just fits onto the back ladder

aug13 010

It has 8 small holes drilled in the top so a wire hangar can fit through and now we have dry clothes!!!!

aug13 013

It works great thanks Larry!!

I reffed three games tonight and my last game finished at 10pm so I am just having tea and a snack before I go to bed as my first game in the morning is at 8.15am and my last game at 7.30pm so you can see it will be a hot and busy day.

Spoke to Sara tonight and they had a wonderful time camping and safely arrived home.

I also spoke to Ken’s daughter in law Heather and she tells me that they have taken Ken from the Hospital and back to his room at the care facility and he is very sick.  His son and sister have arrived from back east and I hope that Ken does not suffer long…..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...