Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday 10th August 2010…..a small world!!

In my comments section on yesterday’s post my friend Croft asked me if I took a photo of the installation of the TV in the motor home of the guy I met at the ferry terminal and I admitted I had forgotten to do that…so who would have thought a day later and about 400 kms away I would see the same motor home parked in the Save on Foods in Penticton.  I pulled up next to him and waited for him to return, we laughed about the small world bit and here are the photos he let me take….No excuses now CROFT!!!!

aug10 011

aug10 012

aug10 013

aug10 014

aug10 015

The photo above shows the large centre section where the old TV was now nicely covered with a hinged door hiding another space for stuff.  The new TV is on a swivel and can be taken off for travelling….looks good and it will make a big difference in Ramona.

Had a great sleep last night but still woke up to rain.  Had a very leisurely breakfast and read a newspaper, Sara please take note I had time to read a paper!!!.  By 10am it was beginning to dry up and I took a hike on this trail…

aug10 001

aug10 009

It was flat and paved until the aptly named 1000 feet tunnel…

aug10 002

aug10 004

aug10 005

aug10 006

Back on the road again the sun was shining and this was the kind of scenery I was treated to…

aug10 016

aug10 018

aug10 021

aug10 022

aug10 024

aug10 028

I arrived at Gail and Larry’s around 4pm and it is just like coming home.  They are great friends for over 30 years…Gail cooked one of her incredible meals and we sat around and caught up.  Larry is the handy man supreme and I had a list of five things that needed attention one in particular(you will see it in use this weekend)was a thinking man’s project…well Larry had them all done in just over one hour, thanks!!!!!

Going to get a good nights sleep and the plan tomorrow is to borrow Larry’s bike and drive the Kettle Valley Train Trestle trail…..

Sara I hope you have a great time on your camping trip!!

 

On a more sombre note my great friend Ken

heather 298

who you have seen me write about here  is in Hospital and not doing very well so I want Heather and Kirby and the family to know my thoughts are with them at this time!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...