Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Wednesday 11th April 2018...Day 7!!!!

So my second post today and the sun was here again and I did my urban hike again this morning before packing up and arriving at the tennis courts by noon......I was able to return to the same section I was in last night and to me that is the only way to watch being behind the server you get much more insight into their shots and spins and strategy.......I watched three great games...




This young man from Croatia is listed at 6.11 inches!!


The power they generate and the speed on the courts is astounding when you see them live and up close!!!



Sam Querrey is the highest seed and he was taken to three sets..


Looks like my serving motion...yes kidding right...


Sam was beating in a tie breaker in the third set and seeing him and his reactions just confirms my thoughts like most sports most of it is in the head....he just lost it in the tie break and you could see him body slump his head drop and because of that he lost the game a big upset!!!!

The day session ended but they were not checking tickets so I just stayed in my seat for the night session..the singing of the National anthem 



Then the highlight of the day for most people was the arrival of one of the bad boys of tennis Australia 🇦🇺Nick Kyrgios....another one who I have seen live before and he is a total head case most of the time he looks so dis interested and looks very unhappy on the court...he lost the first set to me not really trying and then decided to play and won the next two sets quickly...so much talent and so wasted at times!!!



Well I had nine hours of tennis today..found my Little Bluey without getting lost smiled at the free parking spot I found and was home and in the tub by 10 pm......

To top of a sporting day watching my first live hockey game in over a year and my Los Angeles Kings are playing!!

Tomorrow I start on phase two of the journey I leave for the 1300 km drive to Atlanta it will take two days and have no reservations for tomorrow nights stop see where I land...I arriv in Atlanta on Friday and meet up with Gracie get to meet her family and then attend her sisters wedding on Sunday before we leave for Lisbon Portugal on Monday morning!!

Yashi Kochi!!!














No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...