Sunday, April 22, 2018

Sunday 22nd April 2018... Day 18!!!!

This morning the breakfast at the Aveiro Mizu B & B was very good buffet style with a great selection it was a fabulous place to stay......


I had done some research and we drove to the charming coastal town of Costa Nova which is famous for the colourful and bright homes...



























Then we went to the beach board walk and enjoyed a stroll on the beach....


Next was a drive of about one hour to Porto I must get my GPS fixed before I drive the car again....Porto is a big city and I did have one map app that Gracie used for navigation we had a bit of a job but did find the apartment and the owner was waiting for us.....one thing about this Airbnb apartment Is that it had an underground garage space as there is no way I am driving around these narrow one way streets....so parked PB and we came up to the apartment ...












Very comfortable indeed and one of the nicest ones I have stayed in......and you know the tub will be used!!!!






We talked and had a snack then walked into Centro ....come along and enjoy Porto!!!






These are local college students in their traditional black capes and they were very entertaining..






Third floor with zoom...











































We returned home tired and I found a supermarket a few minutes away and bought some supplies and came back..had a bath some food and now planning tomorrow.


Both Gracie and I agree that we much prefer Porto to Lisbon.


Yashi Kochi !!!

5 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Costa Nova beach town in "candy cane" architecture is marvelous. Don't think I've seen anything quite like it. Can you imagine how festive it would be with Christmas decorations. Throw in Santa Claus or Father Christmas and the kids would go nuts!

Another good pick for your stay; if you and Gracie are going to stay a few days, it looks like the apartment has the necessary appliances in the kitchenette. Shopping at the "mom and pop" food markets is a way of learning about an areas' culture of food and preparation. But, let me get right to it, in Spain we didn't like having a meal in a restaurant at 10:00 pm at night, which seemed to be a ritual in Spain. When you can, preparing your own food with Portugal's fresh products from their markets is a learning experience and is a way to get past eating a meal in a restaurant at 10 pm at night. I guess Beach and I are just set in our ways.

Dee Tillotson said...

Sorry, not "past eating a meal ..." but instead "passed eating a meal ...".

Dee Tillotson said...

PPS -- hope you get your GPS problem sorted out.

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Such pretty places and architecture. Enjoy!

mexicokid said...

Yes we are enjoying meals we have in the apartment and snacks when we go out..gps finally loaded took a while..thanks both of you for always nice comments les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...