Monday, April 16, 2018

Monday 16th April 2018.....Day 12!!!!

It was cold in Atlanta this morning and the morning was a breeze..first of all I got packed and ready and I drove Little Bluey to the home where she is staying and met the lovely gentleman Jay Jay sadly his wife Ellen was not home.....the car is parked in a garage and what a perfect place thank you....the Gracie,s sister picked me up with them in the car Emily Ryan and Jonah and us we all travelling on the same train to the airport...so the timing was perfect.

When we arrived at the airport we had so say good bye and off to different gates..so nice to meet them they are a &a bulbous couple and I really enjoyed my time alone with Jonah!!!

Gracie and I were a little worried about the size and weight of our carry on but we should not have been it was a breeze and we took off on time 1.30pm heading for Boston......
The flight was eventful to say the least....after a while I started to sweat and became really hot and like I had been in a shower I did not feel good at all took my sweater off and then Gracie called the stewardesses who brought me an ice pack I felt like I was going to pass out..I continued to feel so hot and feint.....I guess I worried everyone even the lady sitting next to me...after a while I started to cool down and fell asleep....whilst asleep Gracie tells me we went through the worst turbulence she had ever experienced and I slept..when I woke up I felt fine like nothing had happened...and now feel great..I last experienced one of this little episodes years ago..anyway nothing to fear I am my “normal self”..Gracie was happy to be on the ground....once in Boston where it was foggy and raining we found out flight was delayed two hours...so a long wait but no worries....

Anyway settled down for an evening in the lounge..I feel great and Gracie is sleeping....we were to arrive in Lisbon at 12.30pm tomorrow but will have to wait a while to see what time we actually will arrive.."

A bit of a day!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

Sent from my iPad

3 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

So sorry that you were not feeling well. It's a good thing Gracie was with you to help get you through it. When things like that happen, I try to think about what was different that could have caused it; like did I eat something that disagreed with my digestive system or did I get enough rest and sleep the night before. In this case, you were sitting on the plane, probably other passengers were still boarding, the door was open for boarding, the smells from refueling were wafting through the door, and the plane may have been overheated inside the plane. Some people do not smell jet fuel, but I sure do (In another life, I think I was a hounddog!), and it can make you feel light-headed and sick. Anyway, once you and Gracie get to Lisbon, get some sleep, eat a satisfying meal, slow down, and take a walk in the fresh air, you will be your energetic self gain.

Beach and I were talking about a trip to Italy in possibly October, but we wanted to do it the slow way by taking a cruise ship. (We fly a lot, but are not particularly fond of it.) I have given him your blogs from California to New Zealand to read when you cruised on Holland America. But I assured him that the voyage from the US East coast to Italy would not take as long as your voyage to New Zealand.

Hope Portugal will be warmer for you and Gracie than Atlanta was.

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

From what you describe I think you had a panic attack. All this excitement might be catching up to you... take it easy for a while and smell the flowers.

mexicokid said...

Thanks both of you for the kind words I think it is related to the irregular heart beat I have had for over 25 years..I knew what was going on and it passed very quickly and now I feel great..the cruise 🚢 to NZ was wonderful not bored and very relaxing thanks both of you 5ake care. Just had a long walk through the funky small streets of Lisbon and all is well lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...