Monday, April 09, 2018

Monday 9th April 2018.....Day 5!!!!

Who ever said the weather was supposed to get sunny and warm again today were not telling the truth....outside the condo at 8.30 am.....

I am sure you all know that if you click on any of the photos they will enlarge๐Ÿ‘“๐Ÿค—





This is the only day I can do my road trip so I packed up some lunch and drinks was on the road by 9 am and views on the highway leading out of Houston....







It was 120 km to my starting destination of the town of Schulenburg which is where I bought a map from the chamber of commerce and started what they call the Painted Churches route.....











I was in rural areas and the roads were like this...





Join me on a journey through some pretty countryside to four wonderful and decorative churches!!!




















Farm life along the way....







Then the elusive blue bonnets!!!









My first sighting and Little Bluey was thrilled!!!





This is called the Piano bridge....









It was nice to get away from the hustle of Houston and into the country...

I stopped at a Vision centre in a Walmart as last night I snapped off the arm on my prescription glasses ๐Ÿ‘“ and asked the lady if it was possible to get them fixed whilst I shopped....she looked at them and said they were not Walmart frames but she thought she could fix them if I waited a few minutes......and true to her word she came out of her office cleaning my glasses and the arm attached.....I thanked her and asked how much I owed and she just smiled and said nothing have a nice day!!!!!  What am I back in ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฝ. How nice of her!!

The drive home was in the same kind of weather as when I left..I stopped for gas and this is the cheapest I have seen...





I was back by 6pm and had a nice dinner and I am now at the library writing this....

Then home for a long soak in the tub and a movie.

Tomorrow evening I have a ticket for the night session at the Men’s clay court ๐ŸŽพ championship so I hope the nice weather returns...

Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

I love churches like that, great pictures.

mexicokid said...

Me too thanks I am back to using my point and shoot camera now I have an adapter that can import them onto the iPad r3al easy have a great day les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...