Thursday, April 05, 2018

Thursday 5th April 2018.......Day 1!!!!!!!!

Well I broke the cardinal rule of driving in Mexico this morning!!!!

I went to bed last night around 11 pm but there were fireworks 💥 in the neighbourhood and sleep was impossible and I laid there thinking what to do and by 3am I decided it was time to get packed up and leave and driving in the dark is not the best thing to do but I left at 3.30am and I was very careful and piggy backed other vehicles.....not so bad as the roads are good well marked and no animals but I was happy to see dawn break

Another advantage of leaving that early is that I would avoid the hot afternoon sun but as it turned out the skies were overcast and it was not to hot.....not a lot of great scenery...



Getting close to Monterrey the mountains are lovely but always seem to be engulfed with cloud or smog...



Little Bluey just performs so well and is great on ⛽️....

Around 8am I was getting tired so found a good turn off the highway and had a 45 minute snooze, brushed my teeth and ready to roll again...

Back on the road again and just about ten hours later arrived at the Immigration building where you get in line to return the car permit...no line up I like that!!


Then parked and went inside to return my tourist visa that took 30 seconds......then back onto the road leading to the border crossing.....the traffic was nuts and to cut a long story short I was in line just over two hours and of course the sun decided to come out so it was not a pleasant time but it is what it is....


Almost there.....as usual I picked the wrong lane the officer was searching almost every 🚗.....

When it was my turn she was very nice and asked the right questions and I gave the right answers BUT please why do a they do this!!!!!

She asked me open the back and I did I have two suitcases and a back pack in the trunk and she looked at them and said 👍 OK..then she asked me to open the side back door and I did and again she just moved my cooler box and that was it......having many years so searching under my belt with my police service it makes no sense to me to just look under one bag if you are going to search SEARCH or not bother...maybe the heat of the two wait was getting to me.....anyway it was all well she wished me a pleasant journey...


Ten minutes late I was at my place for the night a beautiful home owned by Maria, I have stayed here before, she has a lovely home and she is so accommodating and kind...I have my own bedroom and bathroom and the key was waiting for me outside .....I had a lovely long hot show3 and then took a walk around the neighbourhood......and now I am ready to crash...a long day of driving I know but it goes by so well for me I have food, music drinks and my thoughts.......875 km and. 13 hour day!!


Tomorrow I drive to Houston where I have a condo booked for six days going to try and take some of 5e back roads and hopefully see some Blue bonnets and other spring 💐.......

YASHI KOCHI!!!










2 comments:

Croft said...

And a new adventure starts! Have fun Les.

mexicokid said...

Thanks already having fun cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...