Sunday, December 04, 2016

Sunday 4th December 2016....Sunday..it must be time for a hike!!!

Did something today I have not done for a long time...I forgot to take my camera with me on the hike!!!

9 of us met at the gas station and in two cars Pierre led us to out parking place about 25 minutes out of town and we were to climb to one of the antennas on the mountain...I have done this hike a couple of years ago and it is a little tough but the views of the town and the lake are impressive as my photos would attest to if I had my camera!!

About 90 minutes into the hike the weather quite quickly changed and it became quite cold and in some parts very windy..we decided to cut the hike short and it was a good decision as on the way down it rained quite hard for one part......even though we did not reach our selected goal it was still a great hike and a fabulous way to spend some hours......

6 of us decided after the hike to meet at a down town restaurant where we shared pizza and tales of hikes past and present.....they are a great bunch of people so many different stories and all with the same zest for life!!!

This evening Karen and Gregg invited me downstairs for burgers and as always Karen put on a wonderful spread.....

So another week comes to an end and a new month already...Christmas is always busy in this town and the daily parades and festivities start on the 12th December.......

Hope you all had a great weekend....

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...