Thursday, July 02, 2015

Thursday 2nd July 2015…..Tennis and birthdays!!!

Today is Zach's birthday remember he is the youngest son of Heather and Kirby and he is the golfer…..he turns 19 today…more later.

Also happy birthday wishes to Inga…..

Yes the usual morning until I had to go and play tennis myself, another great two hours on the courts I really thought my knees would rebel against going from the clay courts of San Miguel to the hard courts but so far so good….whilst I am writing about tennis there seems there was a mix up at registration for the BC senior games I had asked the event organizer if they could find me a partner either woman or man as you are allowed to enter another event apart from the singles..so as I mentioned in Sunday’s blog when I played with that young 81 year old Shirley we thought we could enter as a team but it appears we were both allocated different partners so now I am playing with a lady named Trish, who I do not know and she lives 45 miles away but we are meeting a week on Saturday at a tennis mixer so will get to know her there.

I had arranged to have lunch with Fred and Ron and two of their friends…Fred and Ron live in San Miguel but are in Vancouver visiting friends and were coming over to the island for two days but unfortunately one of their friends got sick and had to cancel the trip they are hoping maybe to get over sometime this weekend..it will be great to see them and Fred is one of my tennis buddies from SMA!!!

I went and did some errands in town and to the library and then came home and for a change just relaxed…..

Tonight we all went out for dinner to celebrate Zach's birthday

DSC04354

DSC04357

 

and also Ben’s Birthday which was a few days ago but he was away working……

DSC04358

It was a great meal and what a special family!!!!

 

It is now almost midnight and the birthday boy has some friends over and they are down stairs doing what birthday boys do…I fear I may have to sleep upstairs tonight on the couch….oh to be young again!!!!!!

 

I like this one below!!!!

 

At the start of an important trial, a small town attorney called his first witness to the stand. She seemed like a sweet, elderly woman. He approached her and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know me?"

She responded, "Why, yes, I do know you Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a young boy. You've become a huge disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a hot shot lawyer, when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you."

The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do he pointed across the room and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?"

She replied, "Why, of course I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. I used to baby-sit him for his parents. And he, also, is a real disappointment. He's lazy, bigoted, never has a nice word to say about anybody, and he drinks like a fish. He's been divorced five times, and everybody knows that his law practice is one of the shoddiest in the entire state. Yes, I know him."

The judge rapped his gavel, to quiet the tittering among the spectators in the courtroom. Once the room was silent, he called both attorneys to his bench. In a quiet, menacing voice, he warned, "If either of you asks her if she knows me, you'll be jailed for contempt!"

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...