Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Wednesday 15th April 2015……Home again!!!!

Had a good sleep until 5.30am so got up and got on the road and it was a good drive

DSC01881

DSC01883

Traffic was light and the only thing that happened was I went through three check points and two I was waved right through the third one I was pulled over and given a short search they were obviously looking for drugs as they had mirrors and checked out the engine and under the dash but I had to laugh because one of the soldiers who was searching the car found my tennis racquet and he took it out and pretended to take a couple of swings too funny…a couple of minutes  and I was on my way.

My favorite tree

DSC01896

DSC01893

Almost home…

DSC01901

The first view of the lake and down town in the distance..

DSC01897

So I arrived home after 975 km in almost 11 hours…thanks to Little Bluey wonderful service and drive!!!

DSC01877

Back home someone was happy to see me…

DSC01908

Those seeds that I planted a while ago and now looking great!!

DSC01907

DSC01906

So now relaxing and you better get used to this…sitting watching a hockey game….tonight is the start of the Stanley Cup play offs so a game almost every night for the next month!!!

Now when I moved to Canada in 1980 and went to my first hockey game I instantly became an Edmonton Oilers and a Gretzky fan and their enemy was the Calgary Flames so you will be surprised when I tell you that although I  have lived on Vancouver island I have never been a Canucks fan so now about to watch the Canucks versus the Flames and as hard as it seems I am saying…”Go Flames” 

 

Hope you enjoyed these last two weeks as much as I did thanks to everyone who made the journey so special!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...