Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tuesday 27th April 2015…Calamity strikes!!!!!!

Well today was tennis day two hours of great tennis this morning and then home for lunch and then off to see Rita I always enjoy the Tuesday’s with her and then Roger comes over and we laugh and play cards and  we let Rita win!!!!!  Again I might add.

So for a change I went back to the tennis courts for another two hours of great tennis this was different it was a mixed doubles and I played with my friend Diane against Maria and her husband Lois I have not played with them before they are a Mexican couple and great tennis players we had lots of fun.

On the next court nice to see this

DSC02061-001

Came home and the soak in the tub filled with Epsom salts was wonderful.

So what is the calamity you might ask…..today is the first day in three weeks when there there is not a hockey game on TV…what is a guy supposed to do I ask you!!!!!!!

 

 

 

Rita sent me an e mail yesterday with the word serendipity in it I like that word and realize how my life is filled with these moments.

serendipity

 

In general, serendipity is the act of finding something valuable or delightful when you are not looking for it. In information technology, serendipity often plays a part in the recognition of a new product need or in solving a design problem. Web surfing can be an occasion for serendipity since you sometimes come across a valuable or interesting site when you are looking for something else.

The term was coined by English writer Horace Walpole on January 28, 1754, in a letter written to Horace Mann. He credited it to a "silly fairy tale" he once read called 'The Three Princes of Serendip'.

According to the fairy tale, three Persian princes sailed off to make their fortunes in the "land of silk", an island called Serendip . (Today, the island is known as Sri Lanka.) Along the way, the princes made all types of wondrous and delightful discoveries about the island, and learned things they never expected. One such learning was purported to be the discovery that a mule blind in its right eye had recently traveled the same road. This was discovered when they noticed that the grass had been eaten only on the left side of the road.

The term is also sometimes used to mean "the randomness of fate," as in "whatever happens to cross my desk today."

Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...