Saturday, January 04, 2014

Saturday 4th January 2014…a very special day!!!

There is a very special Canadian couple living in SMA Sharon and John and each year they do a huge toy drive and make sure that 1200 children living in the outlying small campos get a Christmas gift and for the fourth year I was very privileged to be a small part of that today.

Linda and Guy loaned me their van and at 8am I was at the meeting point and loaded 13 huge garbage bags of 240 gifts into the van and in a convey with 10 other kind folks we visited 4 schools and as always very humbling to see these children who really have nothing stand quietly in line sometimes for nearly 20minutes waiting for their small gift.

DSC00924

DSC00925

DSC00926

DSC00935

As tradition goes they had the three kings hand out the gifts….guess who was one of those kings

DSC00934

DSC00938

It was a very long day but one which always makes me feel so blessed to be able to be a small part of making some kids have a special day!!

As Saturday night is the night that I sort out my sock and underwear drawer I found a couple of socks that needed to be thrown away as they had holes in them but then I had a brainwave!!!!!

 

Use for Old Socks on a Cold Winters Night

securedownload

 

Thanks to my friend Robin for sending me this…how powerful!!!

AND THEN IT IS WINTER…

Here it is, the winter of my life, and it catches me by surprise...How did I get here so fast? Where did the years go and where did my youth go? I remember well seeing older people through the years and thinking that those older people were years away from me and that winter was so far off that I could not fathom it or imagine fully what it would be like.
But, here it is...my friends are retired and getting grey...they move slower. Like me, their age is beginning to show and we are now those older folks that we used to see and never thought we'd be.
And so...now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared. And I'm not sure how long it will last.
If you're not in your winter yet, let me remind you that it will be here faster than you think. So, whatever you would like to accomplish in your life, please do it! Life goes by way too quickly. Do what you can today, as you can never be sure whether this is your winter! You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of your life...so, live for today and say all the things that you want your loved ones to remember.
Life is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after. Make it a fantastic one.
Life is too short to let even one day be frenzied or frazzled or frittered away.
Life is too short not to take time to do the things that will hold the most meaning for you.
Let yourself float like a leaf on a stream.
Throw out your list that's impossibly long, and dance a few steps to a favorite song.
Turn off the news and go find someone real who'll listen and talk and affirm what you feel.
Life is too short and it flies by if you let it, so choose what you want every day, and go and get it.

 

Big hockey game on at 9pm so I better get into the tub…..

Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...