Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday 17th January 2014…a hiking day!!!

As per my new year’s resolutions Friday's remain a Pearson day…..no appointments, no driving around and if fact today I have not spoken to one person and the scooter remained home….

Had a good breakfast and a bit of a easy morning and at 11 am I was out the door for my hike…..

It is time to crank up my training for the Camino in the summer so today I put some weight in my back pack..   for the 6 weeks on the Camino I shall have to carry everything I take every day in my back pack so weight is paramount.  The forums and blogs that I read all suggest that you carry no more than 10% of your body weight so I am looking at about 19 pounds…some folks are so aware of weight they even do things like cutting their tooth brush in half and throwing the bottom half away….. I do not have a scale so I put 3 of my big travel guide books in my pack….

I had a route planned and the first few km were on the highway but I then got onto this nice gravel road…

DSC01094

DSC01093

Met a few other hikers

DSC01096

I have been down this path a few times but I was not prepared for what I found…the whole area was completely flooded

DSC01097

DSC01099

DSC01098

This is the path I normally take but obviously I could not get through so I had to turn around and retrace my steps

An old hacienda

DSC01101

So I came back to the highway and walked a few km on the highway and then back into the hills and I figured if this guy could have his lunch so could I….

DSC01103

It was a long walk and I have to admit these boots are not doing it for me…they feel very heavy and just not comfortable and I also could feel the extra weight I was carrying.

I arrived home after 4pm and had walked about 23 km or 14 miles and I was tired.

I relaxed with a long drink and iced my knees down…

Now I have had supper and a wonderful long soak in the tub and having my tea and watching tennis!!!!

Strange day not talking to anyone!!!!

Yashi Koschi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...