Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thursday 16th December 2010…just to make sure

you don’t think all I do all day is play tennis, watch hockey, sunbathe, read, eat, nap and have a ball…..although I did do most of those things today…I also went into town and spent 3 dollars at the little veggie stand and then had to cook!!!!!

dec16 002

Fresh potatoes, carrots, green beans and strawberries….mmmmm it was so good.

In the late afternoon I went up to Casa Hogar to see Robin the Volunteer coordinator and resident Angel and we had a good visit and have some things in place for me to do with the girls over the next few days and we also talked about the Christmas Party.

Linda had left a few gifts at the house for me to give away and one of them was a small fluffy hand puppet and the other day I thought this would be a perfect gift for Alma, she is suffering from some disabilities and is very shy but look at the smile on her face when she put the puppet on her hand!!!

dec16 003

Her smile was worth a million dollars!!!

Daniela’s little sister not only has new glasses she has had her hair straightened…she looks lovely!!

dec16 005

My girls were busy practising for the upcoming Christmas concerts so I was only able to wave to them…

dec16 007

dec16 008

So there you have it another day flown by…….lets see what tomorrow brings!!

2 comments:

Kevin Read said...

Don't you just hate those days where you actually have to work!

BTW, the hand puppet is Sheri Lewis's "Lampchops". Alma sure looks happy with it.

Kevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

mexicokid said...

She loved that puppet....yes but I suppose I don't a little bit of work once in a while if it doesn't interfere with my social obligations!!!!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...