Saturday, December 25, 2010

Saturday 25th December 2010…Feliz Navidad!!!

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of my readers a wonderful, happy, safe and healthy Holiday Season and that today is a special day of celebration for you!!!

Yesterday was again another lovely sunny day which started for me with two hours of tennis in the morning…I have really enjoyed playing again it has opened up a new avenue of friends and good exercise and fun!!

Sara and I then spent a couple of hours doing a big shop….I have some very special Angel friends who kindly donated some money for Casa Hogar and I am using some of that to provide cookies and a special apple punch for the party at Casa Hogar today..so a big shop was needed and Sara has kindly offered to make the punch…so we got all the supplies and cookies needed.

We then went to the RV park where they were having a pot luck open house and we were invited…

dec24 003

It was a nice couple of hours to meet some of the people I had met in previous years and just to mingle..

After coming home and getting a quick bite to eat it was back to the main square to take in all the festivities

dec24 006Sara ready to hit the town!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

….the square was a hive of activity, bright lights and happy smiling people..

dec24 007

dec24 010

dec24 012

Again I had been given some lovely little toy cars and baby dolls by friends and I took a lot of these in a bag and it was a delight to see the faces of some of the street kids who received one as we passed them by!!

I thought the big light show on the main church was going to happening again tonight and in fact I had told a few people at the RV park about it and we saw them in the square but they announced the light show would not be happening, so that was a bit of a let down…but I am hoping they show it again so Sara can see it.

We then attended the 10pm mass at the main church, this was a first for me and it was a very moving and interesting 90 minutes!!!

dec24 014

There was not an empty seat in the church and it was a beautiful way to spend Christmas Eve…we didn’t get home till almost midnight when we did a few little gift exchanges!!!

It is now 9am and again lovely and sunny and we are off in a couple of hours to spend the afternoon at Casa Hogar……this is going to be a special day….Blessings to all !!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...