Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday 21st December 2010….Happy Solstice!!!!!!!

Well I did manage to stay up till 2am to watch the pretty impressive eclipse on the Solstice eve….it was a magnificent sight and this is one of the times when I wish I had the BIG camera….my shots just really don’t do anything.

dec21 001

dec21 006

dec21 007

dec21 009

I started my busy day by getting cleaned up

dec21 014

Maybe a 4 out of 10??

I had been invited by friends Karen and Rob to attend a Christmas concert this morning at the Church where they spend time teaching the children English..

The concert was great and it was obvious the kids had been well prepared and they put on a wonderful start to the Holiday season…

dec21 019

dec21 027

dec21 025

Sara is coming down on Thursday for a few weeks to do some serious Spanish learning and also spend time with the girls…so I went to the market to buy some flowers

dec21 029

A beautiful arrangement for under ten dollars!!!

choie 001

Back at the house Rafael was there he comes a couple of times a week and works on the grounds today he brought his 5 year old son with him, Rafael Junior!!!!

dec21 030

At 12.30pm I went to a local hotel where the Rotary Club hold their meetings and some of the girls from Casa Hogar were performing singing carols.

The girls were in need of a choir director and when Robin put the word out three talented ladies came forward donating their time and expertise and the outcome was a fabulous concert!!!!!

dec21 032

dec21 036My girls are in the front row!!!

 

dec21 033

I was very proud of all the girls and their teachers!!

So it was a busy and fun day….don’t have to tell you that I am getting ready to watch a hockey game!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...