Friday, December 25, 2009

Friday 25th December 2009….Merry Christmas

Started off this special day with my running did 16 laps running and 2 walking and it goes without saying it was sunny and warm even at 9am!!!

I then was able to speak to some of my family on Skype.  Great to hear their voices and it is amazing to be able to communicate like that and especially as it is free.  Sorry I missed some of you but will try again tomorrow!!

I then went to Casa Hogar for 11am for a small celebration.

 

It was wonderful to see Paola and Daniela and also to meet some other volunteers.

day48 005

day48 008

I took just a small gift for each of them.

day48 012

day48 015 Sara this is the card you left for the girls and they did read them!!

Santa was also in attendance..

day48 027

That is Robin in the green top at the left she is the “Angel” who gets things done around the home and for the Madres and the girls!!

day48 029 This is Lupita the younger sister of Daniela..

and Paola..

day48 039

and Daniela..

day48 031

Lovely refreshments were served and the girls were oh so well behaved..it was just too much for little Alexandjro..

day48 028

Paola took this photo of me and this is the top that Sara bought for me when we went to the Empress hotel in September, thanks!!

day48 044

It was a wonderful day to see the faces of these girls and the joy in their hearts….wish you all could have been there.

Back to the house for an hour of sunbathing, sorry had to get that dig in!!!!!

Then over to the RV park where Norma and Croft are staying for a pot luck dinner.  Norma worked so hard all day but the rewards were there to see my face when I tucked into Ham, turkey, mashed pots and corn!!  thank you so much…it was a fun evening.

day48 051

Ended my day by speaking to Sara for a while…. I miss you so much but happy that you are surrounded by family…….blessings to all!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...